Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

free upgrade to marriott silver level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

free upgrade to marriott silver level

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:44 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Accounts registered for this promotion should automatically be upgraded to Silver Elite status every Friday. For those who have registered and have not been upgraded, please contact Guest Services or PM us your account number so that we can research why you have not been upgraded. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Drew
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:45 am

Hello,

Update: We've got our tech team working on this, but need more examples. please pm us you account number if you are registered but have not yet seen the upgrade.

Thank you,

Marie
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
another offer

People looking for free upgrades may want to check out the BA forum as well.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:47 pm

Hello again,

While we are doing our best to upgrade all eligible accounts to Silver Elite status on Friday of every week, it is a manual process and we have apparently fallen behind. A small batch of accounts were upgraded last week, and we are planning on upgrading a bigger batch next week (Tuesday, April 15th). We expect to be mostly up-to-date with that batch. We apologize for the delay, and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Drew
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Marriott/British Airways now offer a free upgrade to Gold: http://joinmarriottrewards.com/BA/BAG1/

But it looks like this is only for new members. Do I have to cancel my existing account to take advantage of this promotion?

Last edited by mapu; Apr 9, 2008 at 8:16 am
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
The terms do state "You must enrol in Marriott Rewards with enrolment code BAG1 to be eligible for this offer." Since it requires a special enrolment code, I would guess that you wouldn't be able to use your existing Marriott account.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Unfortunatly, silver really doesn't get you anything.
Try this BA/ Marriott promotion posted in another thread for Marriott GOLD!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=marriott

I guess you need a UK address, and you cannot UPGRADE your existing membership to Gold, but may be worth getting a separate Gold in any case.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Marriott Gold with KLM/Air France tie up

Like the BA Executive Club offer, there is a KLM / Air France Flyin Blue offer for instant Marriott Gold. See link below

http://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/flyingblue/FBG2/
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:28 pm

just wondering.
dont want to shoot the messenger. this is a fantastic deal
but
If I select marriott points do u think I will get triple marriott pts or do I definitely have to select flying blue to get the tripple?
as a hilton and hyatt diamond I have never stayed at marriott but after checking in to a hotel yesterday and getting the exec club benefits im sold.
I need to keep this status!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
just wondering.
dont want to shoot the messenger. this is a fantastic deal
but
If I select marriott points do u think I will get triple marriott pts or do I definitely have to select flying blue to get the tripple?
as a hilton and hyatt diamond I have never stayed at marriott but after checking in to a hotel yesterday and getting the exec club benefits im sold.
I need to keep this status!
No, you can only get triple BA or Flying Blue points, not triple Marriott points.
The beauty of the deal is that you get instant Marriott Gold from basic level.
May be if you already have Hilton and Hyatt diamond, you can ask Marriott to do a status match to move up one notch
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I was able to get the Marriott Gold with BA promo. Had to open a new account. Status says gold. How long does it take for the card to be issued and delivered?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
@all
Hello,this is my first post in this forum and ,of course,I`ve got a problem.
I`ve signed into KLM/Flying Blue and have registered for the promotion.But when I try to sign into Marriott Rewards it tells me that
1.my promotional code FBG2 is wrong
and
2.My 10-digit FB number is not correct.

Any idea to help me ?Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
...and we are planning on upgrading a bigger batch next week (Tuesday, April 15th). We expect to be mostly up-to-date with that batch. We apologize for the delay, and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Drew
Thanks, Drew. Status showed up yesterday right on cue ^
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ringbahn
@all
Hello,this is my first post in this forum and ,of course,I`ve got a problem.
I`ve signed into KLM/Flying Blue and have registered for the promotion.But when I try to sign into Marriott Rewards it tells me that
1.my promotional code FBG2 is wrong
and
2.My 10-digit FB number is not correct.

Any idea to help me ?Thanks in advance...
The Promotion is only for new Marriott Rewards Member!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.