Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR support: a very good service level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR support: a very good service level

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Thumbs up MR support: a very good service level

I'd like to share my last experience about the MR.

In late September I tried to book an award stay at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui for January 2008, but the availability figure was poor at the very best and my budget did not allowed me to pay for the stay, and the dates were carved in stones (i.e. airline ticket)

A few days ago, after periodical checks, I discovered an opening. To keep it short, I booked on line more or less what I wished and on top of it I tangled my account (too many clicks in a short time). I called the MR phone number and very quickly, very professionally, the knot was undone, my award reservation was extended to the right dates and I quickly purchased the last missing 1000 points after the reservation was already in place. Soooth as silk.

Quite an happy bunny. Great service.

I feel this feedback is due as much as the negative ones I wrote in the past about other aspects.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Thrilled to read this as I also consider them top notch when it comes to service.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:43 pm
pgh

Programs: Marriott Plat, CO Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Wonderland?

Frankly, as I read through some of the posts here, discussing long waits on the Plat CS line, and other unhappy campfire stories, I have oft wondered if I am living in wonderland. Some sort of alternate Universe.

I have never had a Bad CS experience on a call to the Plat line, am always left feeling more than properly helped, and have always been happy with the organization.

Oh, I have had issues at properties to be sure, but always resolved to my satisfaction as well.

I hope that the bubble I am living in doesn't suddenly burst only to find all of the bad experiences have been stored up for a year long collective assault on all I know to this day about Marriott, leaving me sitting in a muddled mire of confusion and doubt, and joining the throng of those who are decidedly NOT satisfied.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pgh
I have never had a Bad CS experience on a call to the Plat line, am always left feeling more than properly helped, and have always been happy with the organization.
I suspect that in general, most of the issues mentioned in the thread(s) you reference are not focused on the CSR themselves. My issue as stated in the other thread is that it took 7 minutes wait before I finally was able to talk with someone. Once they picked up the line, the CSR was very good at handling the situation and satisfying my need. And I would agree with you that most of the time, the CSRs are very good and do a great job of helping us out.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:05 pm
pgh

Programs: Marriott Plat, CO Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I suspect that in general, most of the issues mentioned in the thread(s) you reference are not focused on the CSR themselves.
Nope.... not referencing your thread at all. I know you were discussing hold times, and I have had that happen (though rarely) myself. There are plenty of old threads talking about lengthy calls just to get resolution, not to answer the call.

In fact, there was a thread not too long back that talked about rotating Plat calls to all CSR's and that it is not really "Dedicated CSR's" just a dedicated line. As I recall there was much angst that the CSR could not resolve the problem without a lot of help from another CSR.

At least I believe that was a Marriot thread.

Last edited by pgh; Dec 4, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.