Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chance for instant upgrade to silver / gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2007, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles&More, HHoners, Starwood

Is there a possibility to be upgraded instantly to the silver / gold status? I’m planning to stay in the Marriott / Heidelberg for the coming 3 month but have no stays in any Marriott yet. As I’m a resident of Germany getting the upgrade though e.g. getting an Amex card in the US / UK is not an option.

Thank you
Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:17 pm

If you can get a US mailing address, maybe you can get the new Marriott Signature Visa card.

It ads 15 "equivalent days" to your yearly total, which guarantees silver and gets you closer to gold.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 11:55 pm

If you have status at another hotel it is possible to get an instant status match if you try hard enough. They will ask you to fax a statement showing your recent history at other chains.

You can get silver instantly more easily, but there really is no point.

P.S there is a status match thread in this forum
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
Anyway to get to platinum?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL SM, BAEC Silver, MR Silver, HH Gold
stay 75+ nights or hold 7+ events per year at Marriott hotels
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:48 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
While it is not unheard of to get a status match even to Platinum, I think the common thought is they are few and far between. But you may be able to get a challenge thrown your way. And if you can get a Plat challenge, I think I have read some posts where the person in question was temporaritly given silver or gold elite status. If they made the Plat challenge, then they would be upgraded to Plat. If not, I assume their temporary silver/gold status would run out as well, but that is just a guess.

So you might be able to quickly get Gold elite while you challenge for Plat. But realize that I don't think Marriott throws out challenges to all comers. You have to show them, either through recent hotel stay history or upcoming reservations, that you have a likelihood of making the challenge.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
From the feedback i have received from some of my guests at my resort, IF (and i do mean IF) you get the plat. challenge and dont make it, you are quite usually give the Silver Elite membership because you have likely already stayed 10 nights....i dont know of anyone who was give gold elite if they didnt achieve the plat challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.