Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Marriott Bonus Bucks - Any Experiences?

Wanted to see if anyone has used the bonus bucks before? I have a $100 bonus bucks certificate and was wondering if anyone has had a problem using the certificate in conjuction with a AAA Rate or a TravelZoo rate?

The coupon states contract rates are excluded...are stays using marriott discount codes essentially contract rates?
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

There have been lengthy threads on Bonus Bucks. Perhaps you can find your answer in one of these:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...1&page=2&pp=30

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467963

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453765

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450138
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greydog
Wanted to see if anyone has used the bonus bucks before? I have a $100 bonus bucks certificate and was wondering if anyone has had a problem using the certificate in conjuction with a AAA Rate or a TravelZoo rate?

The coupon states contract rates are excluded...are stays using marriott discount codes essentially contract rates?
Older BB's were valid with AAA - I've used them in conjuction with AAA on several occasions. The latest one I received on an M11 stay at JW Marriott a month ago is not valid with AAA. I don't know about Travelzoo...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:05 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just make a res online & enter "Bonus Buck" in the comments box. I have never had a problem.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:42 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Talking

I just checked in at the Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport using the FLYi $59/night rate. I used a 50 pound BB cert at checking. Front desk placed a $100 credit on my account and moved me to conceirge level with my gold status. Half an hour later, I received a frantic phone call from the front desk appologizing for miscalculating the exchange rate and informing me I only had an $85 credit.

I just "acquired" a $350 pound BB tonight for future use. These puppies are AMAZING!!!
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I just "acquired" a $350 pound BB tonight for future use.
I've only seen 100 pound BBs. What do you mean, a 350 pound BB??
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just "acquired" a $350 pound BB tonight for future use. These puppies are AMAZING!!!
Note that what you've really acquired is (likely) three 100's and a 50. You would need to stay 7 nights to use it all - if you can even use the 50 at the same property you can use the 100. (I haven't seen the fine print on the 50's.)
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:58 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by pinniped
Note that what you've really acquired is (likely) three 100's and a 50. You would need to stay 7 nights to use it all - if you can even use the 50 at the same property you can use the 100. (I haven't seen the fine print on the 50's.)
Oops, I lied - it was 3 x 100 pound coupons. Yes, I do have to stay 6 nights, but for under $150 for $500+ value - why complain?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 2:18 am

Programs: UA
Oops, I lied - it was 3 x 100 pound coupons. Yes, I do have to stay 6 nights, but for under $150 for $500+ value - why complain?
Isn't why we all stay at Marriott?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:54 pm

The Premium Pound certs sure have steered me to Marriott Hotels for my last few stays. I had no problem using them on a AAA rate.

I just picked up a few more and saved $15 using the Pay Pal promo codes from a thread in the SPAM Forum.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.

Can't speak for AAA or TravelZoo rates. But I have used one 2 weeks ago with a corporate rate which was actually lower than AAA rate for that particular property. No problem at all. But they do prefer you to let them know when you check in.

HTH
@ORD
Old Nov 23, 2005, 9:53 am

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Bonus Bucks are the reason I moved 100% of my stays to Marriott

I have almost no stays this year at Hilton or Starwood and will probably lose my status at those chains. MBB's are just an awesome promotion.

Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was wondering if anyone has been able to use a bonus buck with a M12 rate?
Old Nov 23, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cool

Originally Posted by holocker
I was wondering if anyone has been able to use a bonus buck with a M12 rate?
I used a Premium Pound with an M11 rate in Sacramento, CA.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join

I do see these all the time on ebay at around .20 on the dollar. T&C says they are void if bought on an auction site. Anyone had the ones in pounds questioned? This sounds like a great way to get a cheaper room in Nice next winter at the room is 139 Euros per night and 100 pound cert = $175 US or 142 euro, so 1 night would be essentially free. Sounds faster and cheaper than trying to accumulate 60000 points.... Not to mention a little hotel hopping in NYC!!

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.