Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite Credentials Arrived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite Credentials Arrived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
How can I find out these life to date numbers?
Call the number on the back of your Marriott Rewards card and they should be able to give you the info.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rahmanbar
...**When the numbers were expanded to nine digits they attached a triple-zero prefix on mine. (On more than one occasion front desk associates have remarked that I was the only (or one of the very few) holding a "000" number who they'd ever checked-in...
Now that you reminded me, I now remember the six digit number and the three zeros being added. However, nobody has ever commented on it either on the phone or at a front desk and I had forgotten that the "000" was unusual.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by monitor
Now that you reminded me, I now remember the six digit number and the three zeros being added. However, nobody has ever commented on it either on the phone or at a front desk and I had forgotten that the "000" was unusual.
Gosh I'm feeling older and older each time I read this thread I remember everything that his listed here
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond,
Lifetime Membership

How does one get the marriott lifetime platimnum membership?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do a search (upper right corner); should give info.

Short version:

There are 2 types (I think) : 1) based on nights, $$ spent, # of years I think (3 dif lifetime categories - silver, gold, plat); 2) a 'gift' from Bill Marriott a couple of years ago for those who were part of MR when it was started 20-odd years ago.

Cheers.

PS - Welcome to FT.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Or see page 2 of this thread. (I merged this new question into the old thread.)

Bruce
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
As I've mentioned in another thread, the Marriott Rewards account number on my MR VISA card is not the same one as my actual account, but since the points properly credit to my actual account, the MR/Chase people say just to ignore it.

However, it is a neat number, nine digits like all of the MR account numbers seem to be now, begins with 0 and ends with four 0s.

I wonder if I could get my account number changed to that one.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Thanks to this thread I called to find out where I am in terms of lifetime status. I was told I started in 1992 and had 501 nights and 2.1 million points. I actually joined the program in 1990 and had a bunch of stays (long term assingments) from 1990-1992. I called and they did confirm that two stays from 1990 were credited to my account in 1992. However, it looks like the vast majority of stays between 1990 and 1992 were not credited. Oh well based on my projected travels, don't see making lifetime gold anytime soon. Plus there is really no incentive to do so.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jtrader
I'm pretty sure it was the charter member thing above all. I was a member of the old loyalty program which predated Honored Guest. I've logged at least a few stays every year but have only been Gold maybe 3 or 4 years. Nevertheless managed to accumulate a few hundred thousand points.

Ever since getting platinum I have upped my number of stay.
Same here. I have always been loyal to Hyatt but my Platinum card showed up and now I have discovered Renaissance properties that are close to Hyatt quality. Marriott is getting most of my business travel now- about 100 nights a year. I never was more than Gold at Marriott but was a charter member (I think)
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
LFIET plat

Received my LIFET plat card last year. So far nothing from Marriott this year, no new card, no coupons, no letter.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Received my LIFET plat card last year. So far nothing from Marriott this year, no new card, no coupons, no letter.
I think the original LIFET card is the only one you're going to get....unless you request another due to loss or damage of the original.
I still get the quarterly coupon mailing.....but this seems hit and miss for others who have reported here.
Old May 12, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nova474
I've mainly reserved 30+ days stays to get a lower rate and become tax exempt.
I've heard of this in some states, and in the UK it drops to 3% after 30d but the key is after the 30, you still pay tax on the first 30. What am I missing? I'd love to know.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
I just checked my lifetime status, and I apparently need help with points. Since I'm so close to Lifetime Platinum (relatively ), except for the points, I may need to break down and get the Marriott Visa Card. I've always taken 2% cash back (costco amex) on travel and 5% cash back at Courtyard (amex Open Source) over points, since Cash is usually king, but I'm now being tempted by the lifetime status. Within the next two years, I should qualify on years and nights, but I'll likely be 1 - 1,500,000 points short of Lifetime Platinum. That is a lot of ground I need to make up. Any other suggestions?

Current level as of 01/15/06
Nights: 728
Points: 1,154,033 (assuming they calculated this correctly)
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Well, you still have a couple of years to go (till 2009) and definitely a lot of points. Of course the best way to get points is to spend a lot of nights in the next two years in very expensive Marriotts (and not the TSs or RIs as they only get 5 points/$). Plus, pay attention to all the bonus opportunities. Have you stayed at a Marriott within the last month or are planning on staying within the next couple of months? If so, did you buy a Gift Card to get the bonus (upto 25K possible). Are you making good use of the Megabonus promotions? A lot of points can be had there.

I guess if you are looking into getting a timeshare, Marriott gives some decent bonus points for purchasing through them. (Though not nearly as many as they used to give.) And then you can give them your timeshare week back for more points. Expensive way to get points, but could be done.

You've already stated your looking into the CC, but how many of them do you have? There are 3 different varieties and there are no restrictions to holding all of them (and receiving each one's bonus) at the same time.

But it really all boils down to BIB (butts-in-bed) . If you don't stay, then it will be very hard to get the needed points no matter what else you do.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I will be getting the bonus points for the gift card and I am taking advantage of the mega bonuses. My points are likely low since the early on, I stayed at a RI as this was my only option where I was traveling. The past three years, I've been staying at CY, but for only $100-$115/night. I need to start traveling to big cities to get the higher rates and full service Marriotts.

Is there any way to exchange time shares? I currently have a TS with another company...it would be interesting if there were a way to exchange it for a Marriott TS. Maybe I'll have to get Marriott to buy them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.