Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2004, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC elite and climbing..
seattle renaissance...

RENAISSANCE SEATTLE HOTEL
515 MADISON STREET
SEATTLE, WA 98104 US

hi guys, looking for some expert advice at this hotel. have a reservation here for the long weekend in november. never been here before, so looking about what you guys think of this property. any good suggestions for dinner? lunch?...*on a breakfast package, so that' taken care of*..

never been here, and looking forward to it...

thanks!

vancb
Old Oct 31, 2004, 9:11 pm

Programs: united premier exec, marriott platinum
This is a good property overall. Had a good experience in the dining room and they routinely upgrade me to a corner, which has an L-shaped configuration.

You have to walk down a rather steep hill to get to the waterfront and piers. It's about six blocks. Overall, location is pretty good, though I hear the relatively new Waterfront Marriott is much more convenient to Pike Place Market, etc.

Etta's Seafood and Cutter's are two popular spots, as is Anthony's Pier 66. Closer to the hotel, Metropolitan Grill is highly recommended. There is also an Asian place called Wild Ginger that is very popular with friends of mine. For lunch, you can stroll through the market and get a piping hot bowl of chowder. Many of the more interesting spots are in the Queen Anne area. Seattle really is a fun city. Think San Francisco, with less pretension and better coffee!

Bring an umbrella and have a good time!
Old Oct 31, 2004, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Nice hotel... had a room on a high floor with view of the water last time there. Check out the view from the fitness room and pool on the top floor. The parking garage is strangely laid out and parking is expensive if not included with your rate. Breakfast at the hotel was very good. There's an excellent Ruth's Chris Steakhouse around the corner (maybe a block away) and other restaurant options not much further. Despite the hill the hotel is on, it is in a good location for walking downtown.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:59 am

Pretty Good Hotel

The Seattle Renaissance is a pretty good hotel. Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the bay. They've always accomodated me when I asked. A corner room is also not a bad deal. The view of the bay from the renaissance is great. The rooms are standard, but very clean. Parking is about $20 a day. The hotel is very close to downtown. As another post mentioned it's a walk up a hill, but it's not that bad.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 7:59 am

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
Love this Hotel!

We were there for 3 nights at the beginning of April and love this hotel. Free coffee with your wakeup call, delivered on a tray outside your door. Nice bar off of the lobby. Good restaurant on the top floor with nice views of the city. The pool could have used a cleaning, but that was the only complaint that we had. Great service overall - very attentive staff. The location is actually really good - you get a lot of exercise in Seattle anyway if you walk everywhere. It's an easy walk to Westlake Center, Pike Place Market, the waterfront, etc. It's on the Grayline shuttle route from the airport. We got a AAA rate of $103 a night, and we would definitely go back there again. I recommend taking a cab up to the Sorrento for drinks and live entertainment at the Hunt Club - other than that, we walked everywhere.
^
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:18 am

Programs: HP Plat, AA Gold, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
I have stayed at both the Waterfront Marriott and the Madison Renaissance during a six month project out there last summer. As a platinum, the Renaissance treated me very well with an upgrade to a suite usually and of course you got to love the wake up call and coffee waiting for you. The hotel is convenient to the freeway and downtown but the rooms are nothing spectacular.

Even though the Waterfront Marriott did not provide me with the room upgrades as often (got Concierge access and floor, but no suites), I actually would recommend this hotel over the Renaissance. The location is fairly close to many restaurants on the Waterfront, convienent walk to Pikes Market, and a trolley stop is next to the hotel where you can hop on to get to the International District (Chinatown) or bus terminal for everywhere else.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 10:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
This is a terrible hotel. For starters, the staff was rude. My room overlooked I-5, with all of the accompanying loud freeway noise. The room was small and poorly furnished. My wake-up coffee never arrived. I checked out early and moved to the much nicer Seattle Waterfront Marriott.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
For dinner, I recommend Maximilien in Pike Place Market. Great food and a spectacular view of Elliott Bay. If you hit a sunny day (slim in November), the Olympic Mtns will be visible. The restaurant is down a short corridor just the left of the "fish throwers". They are open for lunch also.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll add my voice to those that like this hotel. We stayed there a couple of years ago for a few nights -- very nice hotel, pleasant staff, well-appointed rooms, classy overall.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 2:57 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I have stayed at this hotel many times, the last being 3 weeks ago. I was upgraded to a corner suite overlooking the bay (make sure to get a bay view). I have experienced nothing but great service at this hotel, and it has a great location. I highly recommend it! For dining I agree with yyzflyer, the Ruth's Chris steakhouse is very close and excellent. Have a great time!
Old Nov 4, 2004, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I have stayed at this property about a dozen times over the past two years. I like it very much. About 75% of the time I get a corner suite, which are large and very nice. Good food and service.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC elite and climbing..
hi guys..

so here i am, finishing up business in the hotel and all. the place was in a good location and i have to admit that the coffee was a nice touch. we got a rate of 169 per nite, with breakfast for 2 on the 2nd floor. parking was also included. it ended up being cheaper in the longrun for us to book it this way. the convention we were attending was 149, but no parking and no breakfast. the hotel was busy, so we were not able to take advantage of the pool or exercise room. the view was breathtaking from the pool side. we ended up on the 17th floor with lake view. the room was nice, and the trip was well worth it. the location to the shopping was the best.

the hotel did look worn, and we had a situation with the morning coffee. let's just say it was bad enuf that we had to call the manager. it was corrected, and we were happy again.

next time, i think we'd stay at the marriott waterfront.

thanks again!

v
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Anyone stayed here recently & have an update? I'm thinking of switching from Hilton (which is a dump I hear) to Ren for Sea-Do & using an EEO for 2nd night, which then brings cost lower than Hilton. Thought I'd see if there were any updates since last fall. Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't have a super-recent stay there, but I was there in '04 and thought it was a perfectly fine hotel. Just remember to do a few weeks of hillwork at home before traveling to Seattle!

As a Gold, I received a nice upgrade and good service all around. Loved the rooftop bar: we enjoyed having a drink up there at least once a day - again, great staff. (We don't generally eat hotelfood simply because we like getting out for local flavor, but in this case the restaurant looked quite nice as well.)

Free parking within a couple blocks of the hotel was easy to get. We either parked on the bridge (over I-5, literally a hundred yards or less from the hotel) or a block or two into the neighborhood across I-5. Piece of cake - just pay attention to all of the parking signs. Some streets allow overnight parking but become "No Parking" during rush hour. Others allow parking all the time but require a meter-feed if you are going to there past 8AM.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Ensure you get a room that is not facing I-5. We enjoyed staying at the hotel, and had this advice given to us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.