Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Closed Threads Are The New Normal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Closed Threads Are The New Normal

There doesn't appear to be much coherence.

Where are unanswered/unresolved SPG questions supposed to be ventilated?

I'll hang up and listen.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by LegalTender

I'll hang up and listen.
As they stated in the ones I follow, go to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-program-766/ to find a single forum to handle all three chains.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Believe this forum is meant to be a ghost town going forward. No different than with other mergers (e.g. UA+CO). Also, threads aren’t being closed so much as moved from what I can see.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:25 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Also, threads aren’t being closed so much as moved from what I can see.
Yep. See the note in the Sticky above. In general, any thread within this forum that someone posts to, we will take it as still valid and will move it to the new combined forum. There really isn't a reason to start any new threads in this forum any longer.

I'll leave this one here as others may see it and realize this is the "old" forum and new threads should be started in the new one.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by LegalTender

In the integrated Marriott program forum, since SPG doesn't exist anymore and all properties/program are now Marriott.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:05 pm
soy

Programs: various
good news - its been really messy the past month

onwards and upwards
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPRich
In the integrated Marriott program forum, since SPG doesn't exist anymore and all properties/program are now Marriott.
SPG does still exist if you are concerned about legacy SPG qualification (either annual or lifetime), though the end of 2018. That's totally different than either new program qualification or legacy Marriott qualification.

Also, SPG reservations made before Aug 18 are still shown in the old SPG format and changes to those reservations (if you wish to change them) are still made in the old SPG format.

So there are still definitely vestiges of SPG active behind the scenes, even if it's in a small subset of situations.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
SPG does still exist if you are concerned about legacy SPG qualification (either annual or lifetime), though the end of 2018. That's totally different than either new program qualification or legacy Marriott qualification.

Also, SPG reservations made before Aug 18 are still shown in the old SPG format and changes to those reservations (if you wish to change them) are still made in the old SPG format.

So there are still definitely vestiges of SPG active behind the scenes, even if it's in a small subset of situations.
I have Starwood reservations made long after August 18th through my SPG account that show in the old format when I log into the SPG account and cannot be seen in the MR account. Mine are linked but not merged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.