Search

One point needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
One point needed

Hi all,

I find myself 1 point short for an award night (booked in the expectation of getting that point) and no realistic possibility of a stay in the immediate future. With no credit card available for Marriott in the UK, either for spending or sign up bonuses, how do I go about getting a point, short of buying 1,000. Does anyone know of any possibilities available to a UK resident?
Thanks
U
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I've seen posts (in fact I think someone posted just last night) where a MR agent added a few points if the account was just missing the necessary amount (just like yours.) So I'd call MR customer service and ask them if they could help you out. It couldn't hurt to call and ask.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I've seen posts (in fact I think someone posted just last night) where a MR agent added a few points if the account was just missing the necessary amount (just like yours.) So I'd call MR customer service and ask them if they could help you out. It couldn't hurt to call and ask.
I was once spotted a few points years ago, maybe sixty-something points. I volunteered to pay and the agent spotted the points without my asking.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
If you have a friend that is Gold or Plat, then he can transfer the 1000 without charge from his account to yours.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
buy something cheap off here https://more.marriottrewards.com/ and get the MR points
smc333 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:02 pm
alc

if you haven't done it yet, I think you can still get ~150 points for linking your Social Media accounts.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I was trying to transfer 3,000 points for an award. I think I was over the transfer limit, so the agent just gave that person the points.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Call them and book via phone.

Your account will show -1 point.

They will not require you to buy the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.