Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any Marriott-branded cards give elite nights in FIRST year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 10:13 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Hi FTers:

I'm going to fall short of the elite nights needed by the end of this year and I'm hoping to get some of them through credit card spend. Any Marriott cards out there that will give me elite nights in the first year, either as sign up bonus or in correction with certain spend? Can be business or personal.

Thanks!

BCH
Old May 17, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
The Marriott Business Visa gives 15 nights in the first year.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As far as I can tell, Chase has pulled both of the regular Marriott cards (personal and business) for new applications and now offers only the "Premier Plus" card which does not offer night credits until 2019.
Old May 18, 2018, 3:46 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeanie
The Marriott Business Visa gives 15 nights in the first year.
I found this link to the Marriott Business Visa, but it doesn't seem to advertise 15 nights in the first year (any more). https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...SAAEgL4YvD_BwE
Old May 18, 2018, 3:52 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
As far as I can tell, Chase has pulled both of the regular Marriott cards (personal and business) for new applications and now offers only the "Premier Plus" card which does not offer night credits until 2019.
The Offer Terms for the Premier Plus visa say:

15 Elite Night Credits
Each calendar year a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to one of your Marriott Loyalty Program accounts operated by Marriott International (i.e., Marriott Rewards®, Starwood Preferred Guest® or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®) (the “Marriott Loyalty Program”) on or before March 1 in accordance with the Marriott Loyalty Program terms and conditions. To qualify for the 15 Elite Night credits, you must be the primary cardmember and your credit card account must be open and not in default as of December 31 of the prior year and you must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Loyalty Program. A maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be awarded per Marriott Loyalty Program member even if the Marriott Loyalty Program member has more than one Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, or Ritz-Carlton Rewards credit card account or is a member of more than one Marriott Loyalty Program. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.
And they say nothing about having to wait until after the first anniversary. So... maybe?
Old May 18, 2018, 7:51 pm

Actually, the Marriott Business card is still listed with all of their other cards as of the time I am posting this. It is the last card on the list, way at the bottom. The first link is all Chase cards, the second link is to the current Marriott business card offer.

https://creditcards.chase.com/all-cr...R8&C4F1=Y71UH0

https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...H0&SP4R=Y538C4
Old May 18, 2018, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BCH
And they say nothing about having to wait until after the first anniversary. So... maybe?
Except for this:
Coming in 2019, Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year. Restrictions apply.*
Premier Plus

And this:
your credit card account must be open and not in default as of December 31 of the prior year
If you apply now, it is impossible to meet that condition for 2018.

Originally Posted by jeanie
Actually, the Marriott Business card is still listed with all of their other cards as of the time I am posting this. It is the last card on the list, way at the bottom. The first link is all Chase cards, the second link is to the current Marriott business card offer.

https://creditcards.chase.com/all-credit-cards?CELL=6TKX&jp_ltg=chsecate_allcards&IP3H=Y71U H0&S81H=FH24R8&C4F1=Y71UH0

https://creditcards.chase.com/small-business-credit-cards/marriott-premier-business?CELL=6TKX&IP3H=Y71UH0&SP4R=Y538C4
I checked both links and neither of those cards shows 15 nights as a benefit. The personal card (Premier Plus) contains the "2019" language and the business card just gives you Marriott Silver, or Gold at $50k spend, no nights credit.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I just don't see a Marriott card currently available for new applications that offers nights credit in 2018.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I checked both links and neither of those cards shows 15 nights as a benefit. The personal card (Premier Plus) contains the "2019" language and the business card just gives you Marriott Silver, or Gold at $50k spend, no nights credit.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I just don't see a Marriott card currently available for new applications that offers nights credit in 2018.
You're right! It just says complimentary Silver status now. They must have recently changed it.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
Ritz Carlton Rewards VISA gets you Gold for first year and a Gold renewal after spending $10k.

I know it isn’t a “Marriott” branded card but it might as well be.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BCH
Hi FTers:

I'm going to fall short of the elite nights needed by the end of this year and I'm hoping to get some of them through credit card spend. Any Marriott cards out there that will give me elite nights in the first year, either as sign up bonus or in correction with certain spend? Can be business or personal.

Thanks!

BCH
Since it seems the 15 nights this year may have disappeared from all existing credit card offers in recent days, be aware that there's another way to get elite nights without stays:

Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required

though it may only work (for more than 10 nights a year through more than one meeting a year) through the end of July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.