Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by sinfonia
According to the agent with whom I spoke a couple of days ago, the whole communications system is in a transition at the moment (many extensions are changing), so for now, the platinum line routes to a regular reservations line. She said it was temporary.
To add to what I wrote earlier, I am trying to get an issue resolved with the rewards department today, so had to call back. In addition to the 22 minute wait when I called the platinum line (which routes to the regular line), what I was told by the agent was that Marriott was trying to create a "one-stop shop like Starwood has" so there will not be individual departments for people who specialize in reservations, specialize in rewards, etc. When you call in, you get one department that is supposed to be able to handle everything. In addition, she said they will no longer call it "platinum" but call it "luxury services." Apparently at this time, according to this agent, there really is not a way to reach anyone in the platinum/luxury services department.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:51 pm

This is unfortunate since my only calls to the Plat line, and I suspect most of yours also, are for specialty questions and can't be handled by the machine. In my case I almost only call to cancel reservations that would otherwise incur a penalty if I do it on marriott.com. So I just end up saying "representative" over and over. It's too bad that the people making this decision don't use the system for their every day travel in the same way that customers do.
WoodyWindy and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by easterntimes
This is unfortunate since my only calls to the Plat line, and I suspect most of yours also, are for specialty questions and can't be handled by the machine. In my case I almost only call to cancel reservations that would otherwise incur a penalty if I do it on marriott.com. So I just end up saying "representative" over and over. It's too bad that the people making this decision don't use the system for their every day travel in the same way that customers do.
THIS!!! And I absolutely HATE voice recognition systems.
estnet likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
After a very long wait yesterday I finally got someone who sounded like I woke her up.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by tbrein
After a very long wait yesterday I finally got someone who sounded like I woke her up.
Do the agents work from home?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I just gave up after a 45 minute wait. This is ridiculous...
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by rcs85551
I just gave up after a 45 minute wait. This is ridiculous...
I waited on hold for an hour yesterday, and then just hung up, deciding I had better things to do.

Marriott, get your act together. Hour-long wait times are not acceptable.

-mvitale
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:59 pm

I am on the phone with Marriott now - trying to get through to somebody to discuss this. I am a Platinum member with over 1500 nights and the phone service has become unacceptable in my mind.

If they can't get back to a decent phone service - I will have to search for a different place to stay.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:01 pm

I agree - it is horrible and they need to fix it. Like you, I have stayed at Marriott exclusively so expect better than this!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sunbum
I called the Platinum Premier exclusive line last week, only to wait 45 minutes for the most rude rep that i have ever had! The worst contact that i have had with Marriott in the last 30 years!!
Ive had to call the "plat prem line" too in the last couple of months. I have waited no less than 30 minutes each time. Its getting so bad that the old adage of hang up and call again might not be worth it anymore.

It looks like your status means nothing to the call center anymore. Just first in first out mentality.

For what its worth, once I did get someone on the line they were able to do exactly what I needed them to do each time.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
What's wrong with the MR Platinum elite reservation line?

I was trying to redeem my Premier Visa Anniv. Free Night certificate so I called the MR platinum line. But after waiting for 38 min, I gave up. This is the second time I've experienced a long wait without getting through and found someone to help me on something I can't do online myself. What's the point of having the platinum line if your most loyal customers can't even reach you???
Old May 3, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you haven’t earned an ambassador yet they don’t want to talk to you
🙃
Old May 3, 2018, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was never impressed by the PP line and I would expect the Plat line to be worse.

They might also be experiencing particularly high call volume (and whining or impossible to answer questions) as a result of the April 16th announcement about combining MR and SPG.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:30 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by ktjan
I was trying to redeem my Premier Visa Anniv. Free Night certificate so I called the MR platinum line. But after waiting for 38 min, I gave up. This is the second time I've experienced a long wait without getting through and found someone to help me on something I can't do online myself. What's the point of having the platinum line if your most loyal customers can't even reach you???
I feel ya, half the numbers I have for Marriott don't work...or they connect me to the wrong department.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
And every Platinum who has not made Lifetime Platinum status calling to check their points status since it doesn’t reflect accurately on either the website or app.
getagb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.