Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How do we know points have transferred for a redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

Hi,

We have just booked a reward stay in November and called Marriott Reward to transfer 60K points from my partners MR account to mine for that reward redemption. Over the phone the MR agent confirmed it’s done, that was about 10 minutes ago.

We just each logged into our MR accounts and our respective point balances are still the same; I still do not have enough. When will the transfer be completed and how will I know?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I've heard the updated Marriott website referred to as the "crapsite." I regularly have issues.

For example, today I used a category 5 e-certficate to cover a reservation that I had previouly reserved with points. With the e-certificate applied, 25000 points should have gone back into my account. The phone agent could see that, but when I logged out and then back in, I could not.

Chances are high that what the phone agent told you is correct. Give it a day or perhaps even a few days and then log back in. Hopefully everything will be hunky dory.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I've heard the updated Marriott website referred to as the "crapsite." I regularly have issues.

For example, today I used a category 5 e-certficate to cover a reservation that I had previouly reserved with points. With the e-certificate applied, 25000 points should have gone back into my account. The phone agent could see that, but when I logged out and then back in, I could not.

Chances are high that what the phone agent told you is correct. Give it a day or perhaps even a few days and then log back in. Hopefully everything will be hunky dory.
thanks! I think it’s good now as I got a reservation confirmation email showing redemption of 120k (full amount needed) for the cat 8 redemption.

Yeah we are burning our MR points before 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.