Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Advice kindly sought about Marriott Air Package & Airmiles beneficiary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to read this -- I do appreciate it.

Would any FTers know whether, in taking out a Marriott Air Package via my Marriott account, I could have the resulting air miles from my chosen package deposited into my mother’s FFP account (she shares the same surname)?

I wish to make a hotel booking in my name, you see, but, ideally, have the resultant air miles from the air package credited to her FFP account. (On this occasion and for what I wish to achieve, miles from the air package being deposited into my own chosen FFP account wouldn't help me achieve the specific outcome I'm seeking, you see.)

Is this possible, do FTers think?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Scoob72

Would any FTers know whether, in taking out a Marriott Air Package via my Marriott account, I could have the resulting air miles from my chosen package deposited into my mother’s FFP account (she shares the same surname)?

I wish to make a hotel booking in my name, you see, but, ideally, have the resultant air miles from the air package credited to her FFP account. (On this occasion and for what I wish to achieve, miles from the air package being deposited into my own chosen FFP account wouldn't help me achieve the specific outcome I'm seeking, you see.)

Many thanks!
No.

But you can move the Marriott points into your SPG account, and then transfer them into your mom's SPG account for free (you both must share the same address for at least 30-days before doing the transfer). You can then redeem the Marriott package from your Mom's Marriott account ... which will allow you to deposit the miles into her FFP account and Marriott will let you make the hotel reservation in your name (though, her Marriott status [or lack thereof] will prevail).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You can also save a step and avoid the 30-day waiting period - just transfer the Marriott points to her account and she can redeem the award directly. There's no limit on transfers if it's done to satisfy a specific reward.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Scoob72

Many thanks!
Just curious, why do the air miles need to be in her account?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

CodeAdam10 mahasamatman - many thanks for confirming and for supplying the information above. I greatly appreciate it.

Cledaybuck - basically, I was trying to complete two CX 1st redemptions via Asiamiles, on the one hand using my mother's AsiaMiles account for one redemption and my account for the other. (The hotel stay part of the Marriott Travel Package would have been for my own stay plans, but the airmiles would have been great in my mother's account as I don't have enough miles in my AsiaMiles account for two CX redemptions.) I appreciate that this won't work now due to not being able to send the air package miles to a different person's account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.