Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Participating" hotels in MR to qualify for SPG AMEX Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi FT folks,

I've recently applied for the new AMEX SPG Bis card and trying to maximize spending to hit the bonus.
Incidentally, I have alot of travel nights coming up and I've booked mostly at Marriott properties as I'm also trying to reach Platinum status.

I understand that if I use my AMEX SPG card to pay for the hotels, I'll get 2 SPG points per dollar spent, which is 6 MR points after conversion. Net 1 point more per dollar spent as compared to my Chase MR card at 5 MR per dollar spent.

Here's my question - Is there a list showing all the Marriott hotels that are participating in this program?
I know Marriott has a huge portfolio, and even within their own portfolio their reward points system are not created equal.
For Eg: Bookings - Residence Inn earns 5MR per $1 spent, Courtyard Marriott earns 10MR per $1 spent.

I just want to make sure the properties I booked will qualify for the SPG points per spending benefit, especially when they word these terms so carefully,

Below is the excerpt taken from the marriott news page:

Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card by American Express Card Members in the U.S. can earn two Starpoints® for every eligible dollar spent using the Card directly at hotels participating in Marriott Rewards globally.

Likewise, Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card from JPMorgan Card Members in the U.S. can earn five Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards points for every eligible dollar spent using their respective Card on qualifying purchases made at participating global SPG properties.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
There is a thread somewhere on the forum. The list of non-participating properties is very limited ... for example, the RC in Singapore (but not RC's generally), Bulgari hotels (not sure where they even are), RC Reserves.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
There is a thread somewhere on the forum. The list of non-participating properties is very limited ... for example, the RC in Singapore (but not RC's generally), Bulgari hotels (not sure where they even are), RC Reserves.
Do you by any chance have the link for the thread? I'm doing the search both on the forum and google, but my search results are not very conclusive.
Most of the major points bloggers are copying and pasting the terms, but there is no list of the non-participating properties.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Do you by any chance have the link for the thread? I'm doing the search both on the forum and google, but my search results are not very conclusive.
Most of the major points bloggers are copying and pasting the terms, but there is no list of the non-participating properties.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-per-t-cs.html

I don't know if this list is fully up to date but as you can see, its a very limited list of places.

@SkiAdcock -- Miami Beaux Arts is now an Autograph so it is an earning/redeeming points location. Maybe edit the post?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:12 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't know if this list is fully up to date but as you can see, its a very limited list of places.

@SkiAdcock -- Miami Beaux Arts is now an Autograph so it is an earning/redeeming points location. Maybe edit the post?
Awesome! Thanks so much! This is very helpful!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Will do. Wish I could find the link to the list again (it's buried somewhere in the Marriott site) to see if there are other updates. I created that list a long time ago.

Edited to add. Found the link & just updated the list.

Cheers
C17PSGR likes this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 7, 2018 at 9:45 am
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Will do. Wish I could find the link to the list again
See item 11 under General Membership at https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
See item 11 under General Membership at https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi.
Looks like Marriott hasn't been updating that list either! I think Beaux Arts now earns but haven't stayed there since the change.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Looks like Marriott hasn't been updating that list either! I think Beaux Arts now earns but haven't stayed there since the change.
Yeah, I found the link while mahasmatman was posting (and have now bookmarked it) & noticed BA was still listed. But since it's now an Autograph Collection I took it off the list of exemptions. If we find out later we can't earn points there I can add it back on. There have been some updates. The castles in Ireland are no longer on the list for redemption, for example.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.