Counting stays

Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Counting stays

For the purposes of counting qualifying stays for bonus promos:

Say I have Marriott A booked Feb 1st - Feb 28th, I check in on the 1st, and stay through the 28th. Then on the 10th, I spend the night at Mariott B, but while still being checked in at A.

Will that count as two stays?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
For the purposes of counting qualifying stays for bonus promos:

Say I have Marriott A booked Feb 1st - Feb 28th, I check in on the 1st, and stay through the 28th. Then on the 10th, I spend the night at Mariott B, but while still being checked in at A.

Will that count as two stays?
It should, but sometimes the shortest stay will be all that books and you have to fight to get credit for the longer stay. Most times it's the computer doing the first pass but a CSR should be willing to straighten it out. I understand the desire to keep the longer reservation, but if you were to break it up and do A-B-A you would have three stays. You might be able to get the property to split the stay but leave your belongings for the night you're not there. Asking is the only way to find out for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.