Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Wow. How did you unearth this?

I have double beds in my bed type selection. That is guarantee for Gold and Plat, correct?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Wow. How did you unearth this?

I have double beds in my bed type selection. That is guarantee for Gold and Plat, correct?
It is weirdly buried.

Yes. Bed type is guaranteed. It should say that on your reservation. Check.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I'm writing this from my room at the JWM HK. Booked a premium mountain view, upgraded pre-check in (could see it in the app the day before I think) to a executive level mountain view. Same floor as the lounge. The hotel is fully booked tonight. No-status travel companions are on the 10th and 17th floor.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
It is weirdly buried.

Yes. Bed type is guaranteed. It should say that on your reservation. Check.
Checked reservation - yes, bed type shown as guarantee, so we would be in the slightly larger corner room. Thank y'all for the valuable information. I did a comparison on the cost of redemption among JWM, Ren, Sheraton Tower room, Hyatt Club room - JWM comes out ahead when everything is considered. Hyatt Club room is the most expensive primarily because Hyatt does not have 5th night free benefit. Marriott also has the great option of reserving award nights first and have up to 8 days before arrival to get your points in place. None of the other chains have such feature AFAIK.

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
I'm writing this from my room at the JWM HK. Booked a premium mountain view, upgraded pre-check in (could see it in the app the day before I think) to a executive level mountain view. Same floor as the lounge. The hotel is fully booked tonight. No-status travel companions are on the 10th and 17th floor.
October is a busy month for Hong Kong hotels due to the Autumn Trade Fair, and is also high season for tourism because of the weather is now more pleasant and typhoon danger largely subsided.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 13, 2016 at 12:46 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:32 am

Advice kindly sought re Gold benefits at JW Marriott Hong Kong

Firstly, thank you for bothering to read my thread — it is greatly appreciated.

I just wanted to ask much more experienced FTers than I — especially where it comes to actually ensuring status benefits are realised upon arrival at your chosen hotel; mainly having had Hilton and Accor statuses until recently, then my knowledge of Marriott, especially in practice, is very limited — whether I would be fully entitled to the following at the JW Marriott Hong Kong as a Marriott Gold?

1. Lounge access
2. Free breakfast — and particularly, if I asked to take my free breakfast in the main restaurant as opposed to the lounge, whether this would likely be acquiesced to?

One of the reasons for my thread is that I at the moment I would be able to redeem (for points) on my preferred dates, but would have to pay an HK$800.00 daily supplement to access the lounge at the JW Marriott Hong Kong... but if I have Gold status and if I could be sure of lounge access anyway in advance of arriving, then this would make life better (and cheaper! )).

Again, thank you for taking the time to read this — I greatly appreciate it.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
From my own experiences at this hotel, and that I live about 200m from it now:
1 - Always free lounge access as Marriott Gold, this includes breakfast and free cocktails/nibbles/champagne in the evenings at this hotel. No different than any other Marriott hotel that isn't a resort.
2 - AFAIK Free breakfast in the main restaurant is only offered when the lounge is too busy to accommodate you (bearing in mind the lounge has an egg chef and is going to be far superior to anything you know from the US, though perhaps more restricted than some other Asian Marriotts). This policy differs from many in China.

Otherwise, in theory you get a room upgrade but it is unlikely at the hotel, and even then the rooms are very small, particularly by American standards.

As such, save your HK$800 for something else in Hong Kong, plenty of chances to spend that cash - your HK$800 probably doesn't include breakfast in the main restaurant anyway, but you would only just about pay that much for breakfast in cash if you really wanted a wider selection
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:50 am

littlevoices - that's genuinely really good of you to write to such a comprehensive reply, and the information you've provided has helped me no end in making my decision, so thank you! (I'm now booked in for two days at the end of this month and hope to put my Gold status to good use. )

As you've mentioned above, I'm similarly used to fairly spartan offerings in executive lounges when it comes to breakfasts, so for there to be an egg chef in the JW HK lounge perhaps leaves some room for hope that the breakfast served there might be of a good enough size to feel reasonably sated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply, littlevoices -- all the best.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I just stayed at the Renaissance which is also close to the JW in Hong Kong. As a Gold member, had access to the lounge and it had an egg chef who made my eggs exactly that way I wanted them.

Also got upgraded to a harbor view room which just has a fantastic view.

Noms are a bit on the small side, but that is normal in Hong kong.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Rooms with two beds are a bit bigger and are basically the same size as an American hotel.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:48 am

anaggie / GoSh4rks -- thanks both for the above information - very much appreciated. I'm feeling more and more comfortable that being Gold will only add to my experience of the JW HK. I've stayed there a few times without status and thoroughly enjoyed it, so the upcoming trip sounds like it will be a great one again.

Thanks once again.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:58 pm

It is a few years old, but someone took a video of the lounge breakfast service.

Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
The breakfast in the Lounge is very good and is only surpassed by the food and cocktails in the evening! ^^^^
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:46 pm

wcj1 -- thanks so much for the video! That gives me a great idea of what to expect! Thank you.

johnaalex -- that's great to know, too. I'll be sure to return in the evenings in that case, ha.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
I've never been given the choice to have breakfast at JW Cafe. That would be a great option.

The only eggs prepared in the lounge are poached. If you need an omelette, the kitchen will prepare one for you.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:14 am

7 night cert at JW Hong Kong

Family of 4 ( 2 adults + 6 yr old + 1 yr old ) will be in Hong Kong 12/31- 1/6 . Anybody know if I would have have an issue redeeming 7 night cert at JW Marriott Hong Kong because we are 4 ppl?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.