Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points discrepancy on two stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Points discrepancy on two stays

I had two one night stays this month but am unclear on the difference in points earned - I was under the impression both stays would earn 10x + elite bonus but the stay at the Autograph earned more - any explanation? Thanks
Autograph hotel one night prepaid rate ~$191 USD - earned ~3500 base + ~880 elite
Marriott one night prepaid rate ~$160 USD - earned ~1330 base + 330 elite
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Slickw
I had two one night stays this month but am unclear on the difference in points earned - I was under the impression both stays would earn 10x + elite bonus but the stay at the Autograph earned more - any explanation? Thanks
Autograph hotel one night prepaid rate ~$191 USD - earned ~3500 base + ~880 elite
Marriott one night prepaid rate ~$160 USD - earned ~1330 base + 330 elite
Did the amounts you listed include taxes? If the Marriott rate was $133 +/- before taxes, the math makes sense.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Any incidental expenses at the Autograph?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Did the amounts you listed include taxes? If the Marriott rate was $133 +/- before taxes, the math makes sense.
Yes taxes included. What I meant though was the percentage difference in points earned between the two stays. One stay was only ~$30 more but earned 2.5x more points.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Any incidental expenses at the Autograph?
No. I did ask to be put in a different room, one with two beds, but my folio only shows the prepaid charge. Could the room change to a more expensive room have somehow triggered it even though I wasn't billed?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Did they roll a MegaBonus bonus into the Autograph Collection stay? Doesn't seem likely, honestly - I'm just spitballing.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Did they roll a MegaBonus bonus into the Autograph Collection stay? Doesn't seem likely, honestly - I'm just spitballing.
I don't see anything in the activity details to indicate that but you may be onto something. The Autograph stay completed my second stay for the MegaBonus free night, which posted. The next night, Friday, was my Marriott stay. I registered for the second MegaBonus 4 days later on Tuesday. Despite this language in the offer details, "Earning period starts the day after registration..." I have one night credited to the 5 needed to earn 10K points. So they apparently backdated the Marriott stay to count. Maybe they also added the extra points.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Does the Marriott website have the detailed bill for the Autograph stay online? That would permit you to see the underlying charges that make up the "base" component of the points (which should be 10x the qualifying amounts). Only thing I can think of is that they added some extra charges after you checked out or had a glitch in the system when awarding base points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.