Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earning MyPoints thru Marriott.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia

Does anyone have experience earning MyPoints through Marriott.com? I was looking at the MyPoints site, and the terms and conditions make it look like it will work out fine. I tried a Google search, but didn't find the answer to my question.

Hotel websites are so picky nowadays about giving points. I realize this isn't the same as booking a room on Expedia. But I am curious if linking through the MyPoints site to Marriott.com affects the way Marriott Rewards points are posted or how promotions like MegaBonus are posted. I am hoping that everything works as normal on the Marriott Rewards end, and I get 2 MyPoints per dollar on top of that.

Thanks for any feedback!

https://www.mypoints.com/shop-by-brand/Marriott

Terms and Conditions
Gift cards, rooms offered at specially negotiated rates where the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization to receive the special rate (e.g., government rate or the Marriott employee rate) and Rooms that are booked and paid for using Marriott Rewards Points are not eligible for Points. Points for travel may not appear in your account until up to 60 days after travel has been completed.
Use of a coupon not available on the MyPoints Site might prevent receiving Points for the purchase.
No third party purchases will be eligible for Points.
Purchases of gift cards are not eligible for points.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:58 am

I have tried and given up. Never gotten mypoints that I should have.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've always gotten the MyPoints points but have had to email after my stays.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:48 am

I used Mypoints to book my Marriott reservations occasionally but stopped. It sometimes posted the points and sometimes it did not. When it did not post the points and you had to chase after them, it is really a pain. First there is no phone number you can call and the only way is to submit a claim. The response usually took forever to come and just a headache to deal with. I figure I can spend my time worthwhile elsewhere. Just my own 2 cents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.