Points transfer limits

Old Nov 27, 16, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Points transfer limits

Hi, I have a question regarding the 50,000 points transfer limit between accounts.

Marriott website says:
"A limit of 50,000 points per year may be transferred into or out of a memberís account."

If I receive a 50,000 points transfer, would I be able to transfer 20,000 of those points to someone else? Or does the above mean that I can either receive OR send 50,000 points?

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 16, 8:13 am
alc

I have rec'd multiple 50K into my account from family members, hence as far as I know, the limit you are referring to is for transferring out.
Old Nov 27, 16, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by athorn View Post
Hi, I have a question regarding the 50,000 points transfer limit between accounts.

Marriott website says:
"A limit of 50,000 points per year may be transferred into or out of a memberís account."

If I receive a 50,000 points transfer, would I be able to transfer 20,000 of those points to someone else? Or does the above mean that I can either receive OR send 50,000 points?

Thanks!
The way that reads to me is that there is a 50K limit between any two accounts. So if you received 50K from someone early in the year and you wished to send back 20K later, no, that would not work. But yes, if anyone else. Of course that is providing you get a CSR that thinks the same way. Unfortunately they are prone to make up rules to suit their desire to do something.
Old Apr 7, 17, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
and regarding limits, whats the least amount of points one can transfer? For instance if an account is missing 70 points, or if one account has 5200 and another has 4800 and there is a 10k stay available?
Old Apr 7, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: M/R LT/TIT
I believe it is 1000 point increments.
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Does anyone know, when transferring points what information do you need for the recipient beside the name and Marriott account number? Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 17, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JNelson113 View Post
Does anyone know, when transferring points what information do you need for the recipient beside the name and Marriott account number? Thank you!
Maybe their email address?

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 17, 6:20 pm
alc

from my experience, over the phone and email request, they ask for the address on file of the recipients as well.
Old Nov 29, 17, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by alc View Post
I have rec'd multiple 50K into my account from family members, hence as far as I know, the limit you are referring to is for transferring out.
Are you saying you received 50K from multiple people in the same calendar year and they all counted towards LT status?

I transferred from my wife this week and they only asked for her rewards # and her cell #.

Last edited by osugrad2x; Nov 29, 17 at 1:43 pm
Old Nov 30, 17, 5:07 am
alc

Originally Posted by osugrad2x View Post
Are you saying you received 50K from multiple people in the same calendar year and they all counted towards LT status?

I transferred from my wife this week and they only asked for her rewards # and her cell #.
That is correct, I had received multiple 50K (or over 50K) transfer into my account. Any points transfer in via member to member will count toward LT.

Since my post above, I did have a few transfer request didn't ask for the address, but in most cases they do. I am guessing for your transfer, since it is your wife, the address is the same as yours and the agent will be able to see that on the computer, hence, didn't ask for it. It is just a guess.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: