Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rylan
Per rylan, to access the legacy Marriott Rewards website, use:

NOTE: Legacy site no longer appears to be available. Link directs to the new dysfunctional site.
https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy
Print Wikipost

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:48 am

Can't get anything at all to work for me today, and I tried three browsers.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:27 am

Tried four browsers and I was unable to get the website to work no matter what I did.

Ended up booking with Hilton as their website which is not wonderful, but works and I was able to make a simple reservation.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jayzala
What a crap website! I used to be able to download PDF copies of my hotel bills from ALL of my stays, and now they are missing.
I noticed this too but last week I was able to download a PDF of the bill. So I thought they fixed something. I go back in today and it's back to just an html page, no PDF for the bill. Unless I found it in a different area last week but that's unlikely. Oh and I don't get receipts emailed to me anymore either.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Now it is showing my status as Platinum Elite vs PP. A little thing, but shows that testing was not very well done.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:55 am
alc

Login from Chrome will get me the new web site about 75% of the time. I do login to my family member account every so often and I noticed it is always the old web site. Today, I finally think I might know why. For family member, I also open Chrome in Incognito mode so their credentials will never get save accidentally.

So, now, I do wonder what is turn off in Incognito mode that make Marriott web site to show up the old version.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
New version of Alpha web site up today. While it appears specific date searches work for special rates, now absolutely nothing works for flexible date searches.

Marriott IT, ever heard of regression testing? Idiots.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I cannot at all log into my account on Marriott.com
This nonsense has to stop
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I am in and all the rates from yesterday are higher at least for 4 dates and 4 cities I am search.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnewman
I am in and all the rates from yesterday are higher at least for 4 dates and 4 cities I am search.
Are you sure that doesn't happen every weekend?

Yesterday was a Sunday!

In many areas, some hotels drop rates overnight and/or on weekends when there's very few business bookings going on, and then raise them again during the business day, because they don't want to offer discount rates to business travelers, only to leisure travelers,. Filtering by day & time booked is the only way they can "hide" the discount rates from most business travelers.

So I've often seen this pattern of lower rates looking on the weekend going up when looking again on Monday, and it has nothing to do with a particular website.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you sure that doesn't happen every weekend?

Yesterday was a Sunday!
My experience is the rates change on Sunday at about 2AM ET
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Flexible search for 1 night brings up prices and bookings for 2 nights. Change rate and number of nights back to 1 and search again, and it brings up rates for 2 nights. Rinse and repeat.

Marriott: regression testing is a basic part of testing. But then again, the bar is set very low for Marriott IT when it comes to any type of testing. "Well the screen displays, it must be ready for production."

Also they took away the option of displaying all reservations. So now I have to page through 5 pages to see all my reservations. I had a shortcut set for displaying 60 reservations, which no longer works.

Once again I think their Marketing department rates success by the number of mouse clicks.

Changing special rates when modifying a search under old system (assume initial search was for AAA rate):

1. Click Senior rate radio button and press keyboard <enter> key

Changing special rates when modifying a search under new system (assume initial search was for AAA rate):

1. Click Edit drop down box at top of page
2. Click Special Rates drop down box
3. Click Senior Discount
4. Click View rates (Note: if you press keyboard <enter> key it displays Special Rates drop down box)

Four times the work than on the current production web site. I'm sure Marriott Marketing folks are ecstatic that the new web site gets so many more mouse clicks than the old one.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: US-Plat
"many more mouse clicks than the old one"

Speaking of mouse clicks...the new site is a horrible user experience.
You need at least 10 clicks to find out what rate you'll pay on a given night.
1.) shows you Pay in advance rates first- (honestly, I'd never book a pre-paid rate)(need to enable a preference based search, especially if you sign in first)
2.) then rates change during the stay - I looked at one yesterday that started at $156 and the next night it jumped to $226 - HILTON shows you a rate that is consistent for the length of stay))
3.) Many New York, Las Vegas, and other large city properties now have "destination city fee" aka "resort fee" for free internet and a bottle of water (don't I already get that as PP?)
4.) If you're driving and want to park, you need to click through to each hotel web site to find the parking availability and charges

So many more clicks than it used to be just to book a hotel room....
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:49 pm

Hotel Search (http://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi) seems to be severely crippled. Used to be able to drill into a category, say Tier 4 United States hotels and then search by dates and get all rates or award availability. Now it won't let you because once you try to change dates and search it says you need a destination and won't return anything.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I see the 'new and improved' website is still a mess. Still have to log in multiple times, numerous additional clicks to do the same thing... flexible search broken, search doesn't pull up attractions/airport anymore if there is something with a similar name.
Oh and Plat override is broken also... with the new site, it does not return any hotels that are sold out so you can't book a room as a Plat. When I get the old site, it returns locations that are full but allow you to book a room.

Sent in yet another email to Marriott cust service about the mess.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:42 am

Why on earth would they remove the option to download my bill? The only thing I can see under my activity is an option to "View my bill". I need to download them for expense report purposes. This is frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.