FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Is a new Marriott website on the way? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1860283-new-marriott-website-way.html)

jn in ca Aug 11, 2017 2:08 am

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Tonight I was trying to make a reservation on Marriott.com, and at one point I opened up both Chrome and Firefox. In Chrome i saw the same Marriott website we've had for years.

However, in Firefox I saw a different website. One that now had options across the top to limit the results based on distance and at the same time limit the results to certain hotel price points.

Is there a new Marriott.com on the way?

Oh, and another feature, the new website showed the avg. room price for the stay, not the first night's rate the current website shows. That would be a big improvement.

Jon Maiman Aug 11, 2017 6:19 am

I just tried it in FireFox this morning and still the same old website. I typically use Chrome and it is also the same old website. The changes you describe would be a nice enhancement. Hopefully it is coming soon. It would bring back some of the functionality we use to have before the last major revamping of the MR website.

--Jon

jn in ca Aug 11, 2017 9:55 am

Yup, the old page is back today for me too. It'll be nice if it comes back, because one other nice feature is the "test" page didn't pop up the Roomkey ad.

fredlisancnc Aug 12, 2017 3:07 am

New more personalized website has arrived

Jon Maiman Aug 12, 2017 7:53 am

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc (Post 28679854)
New more personalized website has arrived

Still no change for me as of a minute ago. How did you pull up a new version? What changed?

--Jon

goodeats21 Aug 30, 2017 1:48 pm

2 Attachment(s)
They are definitely rolling out some changes. Look and feel is different on my session now.

Search doesn't seem to pull up airports anymore. Typing "DEN" just brings up Denver...not DEN Intl Airport.

:td:

Mr. Vker Aug 30, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm having all kinds of issues. Like typing SJD brings up MX. Changing data in fields is hit or miss. Frustrating.

mahasamatman Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 28756782)
Search doesn't seem to pull up airports anymore.

They seem to have hired Starwood's crack IT staff...

bhrubin Aug 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 28758334)

Sorry, but I think it's clear and blatant that spg.com and the SPG apps are far superior to Marriott.com and the Marriott apps.

aaupgrade Aug 31, 2017 5:28 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 28758334)

MR IT is infamous for their lack of testing and putting out bug laden software/web site updates.

FYI: Since the new web site went live yesterday, it is no longer possible to book Senior rates. I check rates for upcoming stays daily and all of the ones for Senior rates cannot be booked.

If you search on a city selecting Senior Discount under Special Rates, it will display the list of hotels for the desired city, with senior rates listed, and View Rates buttons for each hotel. When you click on a View Rates button, the list of rates for that hotel is shown, but the Special Rates tab on the left only shows MR rates and NO Senior rates. AAA/CAA rates work just fine, but not Senior rates.

If you do a search for rates at a specific hotel, for example Barcelona Renaissance, and select Flexible dates and Senior Discount under Special Rates, it will display a calendar showing the Senior rates for each date on the Calendar, but when you click on a date then the list of rates for that hotel is shown, but the Special Rates tab on the left only shows MR rates and NO Senior rates. Again AAA/CAA rates work just fine, but not Senior rates.

If you search for rate at an specific hotel using specific dates the list of rates for that hotel is shown, but the Special Rates tab on the left only shows MR rates and NO Senior rates. Again AAA/CAA rates work just fine, but not Senior rates.

This is not a case of Senior rates not being available. I've check a dozen hotels in 8 countries and the results are all the same. I did call the Platinum Reservation desk and she submitted a detailed trouble report to IT, so it should be fixed in a month or so if we're lucky.

This may be something simple as one of the new programs using the new keyword "Senior Discount", where the program that displays the actual rates for the hotel is checking for the old keyword "Senior" and doesn't recognize "Senior Discount". I've worked in IT way too long...

Fortunately, I can still check the rates, but can't book them if they've changed so will need to call Plat desk if I find lower rates. I can't easily book any new reservations using Senior rates, but fortunately shouldn't need to until early December. If I'm lucky they might have this fixed by then.

aaupgrade Sep 1, 2017 3:56 am

It appears they rolled back to the old version. Great decision on their part. I have to give them credit for that as they usually just let the new version flounder. Baby steps.

Jiatong Sep 1, 2017 4:43 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 28763600)
It appears they rolled back to the old version. Great decision on their part. I have to give them credit for that as they usually just let the new version flounder. Baby steps .

BABY steps for the new Marriott web site , another MBA consultant computer snafu disaster.

goodeats21 Sep 1, 2017 6:22 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade (Post 28763600)
It appears they rolled back to the old version. Great decision on their part. I have to give them credit for that as they usually just let the new version flounder. Baby steps.

And they are probably using this thread as their QA process. LOL

jn in ca Sep 1, 2017 1:36 pm

I've made several reservations this week, both from my laptop and from the hotel's business center. The new website has appeared, disappeared and reappeared over and over. One time it was there in the morning and a few hours later it was gone when I went back to it.

One thing I have noticed is that the new website requires the credit card CVV code to make a reservation. Kind of a PITA for me since I have my SPG AMEX number memorized, but now I have to pull the card out anyway to look up the CVV number.

The new website seems different, not better.

pinniped Sep 1, 2017 2:18 pm

I think they fixed the bug with airport codes.

Yesterday, my "KOA" search yielded a couple dozen results from around the world, none of which were in Hawaii.

Today it seems to work right.