Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rylan
Per rylan, to access the legacy Marriott Rewards website, use:

NOTE: Legacy site no longer appears to be available. Link directs to the new dysfunctional site.
https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy
Print Wikipost

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Still clunky in some ways. Typing in DEN does not bring up Denver airport, though typing DFW does bring up DFW airport.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
The logic in the new destination selector preludes display of airport codes that begin with the exact same three characters of the city they are associated with. No idea why they got rid of this useful search feature. Probably overlooked by the programmers in Karachi.

e.g. ANC, OAK, DEN, IND, MIA, SAN, LAS, ELP, HOU, CLE, BUF, BOS etc no longer display as airports.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:31 pm

Anyone else having problems logging in, on either chrome or the app?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Delta Skymiles, National Emeral Club
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Anyone else having problems logging in, on either chrome or the app?
Same here...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:02 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Looked for a Fairfield Inn in Bremerton, WA, which I know exists. It doesn't show up; closest property they list is in Seattle. Do a refresh, and the Bremerton FI shows up. What a disaster.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
I just booked a reservation (after several tries) and noticed that ability to export it to an Outlook calendar is now gone. That really blows!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
No problem logging in here. No problem getting special rates, no problem locating city of choice...... big problem getting dates I want to book. It will only open up for tomorrows date. Once I open the site then I can change the dates. Out with the new and in with the old!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Forget beta - they're doing alpha testing on the website tonight! Yuk!

David
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I've been having no end of problems with the new updates... can't log in, then I can log in, then I can't log in again, then I can.

Can't autocomplete destinations, then I can. Can't select a date, then I can. Then I can't do either.

Try to change a reservation, it can't find all the rates. Then it can. Then it tries to duplicate all the nights rather than update them.

This is across browsers, in and out of private browsers, force reloading, etc, so I'm pretty sure it's not me...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I too have been having no end of problems. Tried to look up hotel rates for New York and Ontario, and when I clicked "view rates" I got a "bad server request." It's happened several times, and I'm frustrated to the point of considering other brands over Marriott. You'd think they'd want to fix their site so people can actually, ya know, book rooms at their hotels, but I guess not?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I spoke way too soon. Today I have been having so many problems. All the hotels showed up in my destination list but none of the hotels had names. Then I couldn't change the dates and then I couldn't get special rates.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
CTO should be fired immediately. Why roll out such a POS website? I have had many, many problems that are beyond frustrating.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nothing like going live with a new site that should be considered still in Alpha test phase... totally dysfunctional.

Too bad Marriott abandoned flyertalk, so they'll never know of the issues.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Don't ya just love how much wasted space everything consumes on the 'new and improved' site? And how a bunch of functionality is missing and/or broken?

Seriously, what kind of focus group came up with this stuff? The same ones that decided it was a good idea to remove the desks from hotels?
OTD likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I love more mouse clicks! (Not really)

After checking rates and you wish to check for another rate type you:

Current production site
(one mouse click)
Click radio button for Senior or AAA rate, or enter corporate code
Press enter key

New alpha site
(four mouse clicks)
Click Edit drop down
Click Special Rates drop down
Click Senior or AAA rate, or enter corporate code
Click Find

Yeah, that's a lot more fun. NOT

They obviously didn't get user feedback in this process or do any time and motion evaluation.

BTW, still unable to book Senior rates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.