Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rylan
Per rylan, to access the legacy Marriott Rewards website, use:

NOTE: Legacy site no longer appears to be available. Link directs to the new dysfunctional site.
https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?version=legacy
Print Wikipost

Is a new Marriott website on the way?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:32 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by mvitale
In the upper right part of the screen, it will tell you your current number of nights stayed (including rollover) for the current year. Underneath that is a "Details >" link. Clicking that will bring up a lightbox with your current year and lifetime details.
Are you looking at the old site? Because in the new site, that's not at all what I'm seeing.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
Originally Posted by mvitale
In the upper right part of the screen, it will tell you your current number of nights stayed (including rollover) for the current year. Underneath that is a "Details >" link. Clicking that will bring up a lightbox with your current year and lifetime details.
Are you looking at the old site? Because in the new site, that's not at all what I'm seeing.
mvitale was describing the new site, but didn't describe the whole process. mvitale was describing the Overview page, but didn't say it was called the Overiew page and didn't explain how to get there. So let me more complete:

After I log in, in the upper right is a blue area with my first name, status level, and total points. If I click on that, a mostly white screen appears which in big type on the right shows my nights this year and my total points, and on the left has what is a menu (but isn't totally obvious as such IMHO): Overview, Activity, My Trips, etc. Click on Overview,and another mostly white page appears with total points and nights this year on the right, but on this page under the nights there's that link "Details>". Click that "Details>" and Night Details window pops up, showing what the night details popup on the old site used to show (ie, rollover nights, lifetimes status progress, etc, etc) but in a new format.
pvn likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 29, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Bottom line is the new website sucks! If Marriott can't see that, then they are idiots. They need to bring back ?version=legacy as the new web site is not ready for prime time. I refuse to do anything other than general complaints as I am not paid to beta test their website.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't think Plat overrides are working on the new site still.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by sdsearch
mvitale was describing the new site, but didn't describe the whole process. mvitale was describing the Overview page, but didn't say it was called the Overiew page and didn't explain how to get there. So let me more complete:
Thanks for the assist, sdsearch! You're correct, of course.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, United Presidential Card, Amex Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Marriott website still stinks

Made a booking at Marriott website (Mac Chrome), impossible to change the credit card to guarantee the booking. Gave up, made the reservation, got web page saying the page had timed out. Tried making the same reservation again -- same final webpage saying no luck. Turns out both reservations were accepted by Marriott's website since I received emails to that effect. Tried again to replace a credit card, could not do it, and error message says that I have to call Marriott to change credit cards. Wow, talk about customer-unfriendly and wasting a customer's time.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:05 am

6 months of crap website. I've stopped posting all of the things wrong with this website as they don't pay me as a beta tester. Use www.marriott.co.uk instead
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
6 months of crap website. I've stopped posting all of the things wrong with this website as they don't pay me as a beta tester. Use www.marriott.co.uk instead
Alas, the UK site just got hit w/ Marriott IT. The last couple of days I was using the UK site to do a search for new hotels to post new property openings in the forum & add them to the exec lounge sticky. As recently as last night the UK site was showing 329 new properties. Today it's joined the regular Marriott site in showing 5,260 properties when I search for new hotels/defaults back to generic search of all properties worldwide.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
The Marriott Japan website is still the old version. Using Chrome, it is automatically translated to English. No problems whatsoever.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Alas, the UK site just got hit w/ Marriott IT. The last couple of days I was using the UK site to do a search for new hotels to post new property openings in the forum & add them to the exec lounge sticky. As recently as last night the UK site was showing 329 new properties. Today it's joined the regular Marriott site in showing 5,260 properties when I search for new hotels/defaults back to generic search of all properties worldwide.
Not sure the UK site has been updated yet. Just booked something on it. It understands that ORD is O'Hare and not Ordu Turkey. It also knows I'm a Plat Premier, and not a Plat.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: 1K UAL Marriott Platinum Premier - Ambassador thing-y Hertz President's Circle
Been having aggravating daily issues with Marriott.com since September. I'm glad to se I'm not the only one. From superfluous drop-down boxes to dead drop-down boxes, this thing is sending me off the edge. When I call the Platinum Premier line, I ask " How many calls a night do you get on your web site's dysfunction?"

A: " Many."

I get a few months, but it's been more than six.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Enginerd
Been having aggravating daily issues with Marriott.com since September. I'm glad to se I'm not the only one. From superfluous drop-down boxes to dead drop-down boxes, this thing is sending me off the edge. When I call the Platinum Premier line, I ask " How many calls a night do you get on your web site's dysfunction?"

A: " Many."

I get a few months, but it's been more than six.
Short answer: Marriott IT are idiots. Putting out major changes again on a weekend without ANY testing.

Latest iteration, when using Chrome and attempting to do a search I can't enter location or dates, can't modify a reservation either by signing in or by entering Name, Confirmation Number and Date (can't enter date), can't check prices for a specific hotel from the hotel's web page. I went to co.uk version and did my business. This is getting real old.

I called Plat line and complained about the website and also suggested that they remove their recording on their 800 numbers instructing people to go to their website to make reservations, since one can't do that there. The only time I call them is when I can't do something online, so their suggestion on using their dysfunctional website just adds insult to injury. Oh, the irony.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Latest iteration, when using Chrome and attempting to do a search I can't enter location or dates, can't modify a reservation either by signing in or by entering Name, Confirmation Number and Date (can't enter date), can't check prices for a specific hotel from the hotel's web page. I went to co.uk version and did my business. This is getting real old.
Semi-related, using Chrome this has just happened to me with the United site in the last week as well, have had to switch back to IE, so wonder if there are some Chrome issues across different sites...have tried to search for anyone else w/the same issue and haven't seen it.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The most annoying thing (to me) of this garbage is that it's intended to have a single web/mobile interface (which IMO is a flawed approach... responsive design is better so that you get an optimized experience for desktop or tablet or mobile). BUT, the mobile app uses a completely different interface which is much, much better (and optimized for mobile).

I could spend the rest of this post ranting about the broken implementation, but really, what's the point?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Semi-related, using Chrome this has just happened to me with the United site in the last week as well, have had to switch back to IE, so wonder if there are some Chrome issues across different sites...have tried to search for anyone else w/the same issue and haven't seen it.
I check rates everyday and it was working fine yesterday. And when I say fine, I mean the usual twice as many mouse clicks to do the same thing we could on the legacy site, and the usual other shortcomings (no Airport code recognition, silly auto drop down menus getting in the way, no hotel names on maps, etc.)
goodeats21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.