Marriott IPhone App Down?

Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Marriott IPhone App Down?

Starting about 12 hours ago, I couldn't log into the Marriott mobile app on iPhone. I got the password/login incorrect error. I was able to log into the website using the same login/password combination. I am traveling in China but I have never had an issue logging in before.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by naumank
Starting about 12 hours ago, I couldn't log into the Marriott mobile app on iPhone. I got the password/login incorrect error. I was able to log into the website using the same login/password combination. I am traveling in China but I have never had an issue logging in before.
I have had an issue the last few days that the App will not work properly while I am connected to cellular data - but will work when on wifi. It gives me an error using cellular data asking me to "turn on cellular data in settings or connect to wifi"... I am travelling outside of the US now as well...
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:09 am

These last days no problem with the app on wifi or 4G in Hongkong and Seoul.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Registered email address mysteriously deleted from my profile

I finally found the problem. After trying many times unsuccessfully, I received an email at my registered email address asking me to sign up for a Marriott membership account. I thought there might be something wrong with my email address on file. So I used my Marriott Rewards Number to log into the iPhone app and it was successful.

Then I went online and looked at my profile. To my surprise, it showed that I didn't supply an email address. So for some reason, my registered email address was unregistered by someone or by the system due to some bug.

I immediately reentered my email address and then changed my password. I didn't see any points missing or any other suspicious activities. But this worries me enough.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
I've had issues with the Android version (updated Aug 3) on and off for the past few days.

I keep getting logged out. Haven't been able to log in at all with MR# and only about 50% of the time with email.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:00 am

Is the app down for others? I left a hotel early this morning without checking out, and was planning to check out from the app, but it’s been down for me all morning.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, it’s down for me too.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Hotel-Airline-CAR
It is down for me as well.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Same here
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Down for the last 8 hours...
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Still down...
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum
I suspect this has something to do with China. If you google marriott news you'll see the related stories.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Been down for me for almost 24 hours. Thread says iPhone but I am an Android user.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:22 am

Any updates on this? Mine has been down for two days now.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LF72
Any updates on this? Mine has been down for two days now.
IME with their new website, it will probably start working sometime tomorrow. They would load the new website on Friday, with many aspects not working, and let it run over the weekend and then reverting to the legacy web site sometime on Monday when they return to work. This is Marriot IT after all. Lower your expectations and you'll be fine or at least pleasantly surprised in the event they exceed our low expectations. FWIW, I have complained to no avail in the past.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.