Marriott in Cuba

Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, NWA Worldperks [FOREVER!]
Marriott in Cuba

An article in the Washington Post concerning scheduled air service to Cuba has me wanting to keep track of potential Marriott properties there. Does anyone have info on what might be in the works? Given the CEO's high profile visit earlier this year Marriott and the other US-based chains are putting a focus the potential goldmine 45 minutes south of Florida (by air).

I'm looking to make the best of MR Platinum and Star/MP Gold... Cheers!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wouldn't expect a property anytime soon. Even flights won't start for 6 months. Having said that it's obviously on Arne's radar.

http://skift.com/2015/07/22/marriott...iness-in-cuba/

Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:25 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Several presidential candidates of one party are not at all in favor of expanding US-Cuban commerce. Bill and Arne may have to cross over to the dark side in 2016.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dayone
Bill and Arne may have to cross over to the dark side in 2016.
Ah, they did in Taiwan in 2015 !.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.