Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Starwood stays and Marriott Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

When will we be able to start making reservations on Starwood properties and accrue Marriott points and accrue stays toward lifetime status
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Don't hold your breath. Everything I've seen from the companies suggests that it will be a while before they merge the programs. But I don't think that would be a problem for what you're asking about. Whenever they merge the programs, they will almost certainly add MR and SPG nights if not stays.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Probably early 2017, if the merger is actually completed.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
This is why companies shy away from announcing upcoming changes be it program or product. As soon as the announcement is made many customers presume it is a done deal and want the new benefits right away. This merger, if it's approved, will take some time to complete. There will be some customers/employees that may jump ship now to avoid the uncertainty of how everything with shake out. But it's my guess 2017 will be the soonest for the merger to be completed with the first steps taken maybe very late 2016.

I seriously doubt they will just dump SPG (which is an option) and how they will merge membership remains to be seen. In the meantime, consider yourself in both programs and make your decisions based upon which has the better offering. As they start announcing how they will merge the programs, then factor that into your equation.

Last edited by RogerD408; Dec 20, 2015 at 10:35 am Reason: Delegating approval process
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RogerD408
...This merger, if i approved, will take some time to complete.
Thank you for the typo. Didn't realize you sway such power.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Thank you for the typo. Didn't realize you sway such power.
Gotta watch my posts when popups occur.

They may not want to ask me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.