Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What does a complimetary upgrade mean anyway?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does a complimetary upgrade mean anyway?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:13 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Interesting. I've stayed at this property several times both paid and points stays, and I've always been upgraded to a Suite if one was available. Of course I also always put the request in the comments section, and if I don't see the upgrade before check-in, ask again at check-in.

The desk clerk usually comments something along the lines of "I think you'll really like the surprise we have for you."
IN my one stay there, I got upgraded to an "executive suite," which was an 800+-square-foot suite. It had a bedroom area (though not walled off). it was very nice, but the window overlooked the inside lobby.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Kacee
lol

I will say this about Marriott, their employees are exceptionally well trained to tell you how much they appreciate your loyalty before telling you that they're "booked full" and there is no upgrade available. Then they add, "but we do have a beautiful mountain/garden/city view room for you!" (Translation: you'll be looking at the parking lot and/or loading dock.)
When a FDC told me that he is going to give me a "nice" room, I immediately have a bad feeling - I know it's going to be bad.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
This past week it meant an Executive Suite in a Houston-area FS property. It was a pleasant surprise since I was on a five night stay.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by plagwate
This past week it meant an Executive Suite in a Houston-area FS property.
Once again, we get to play "Guess The Property."
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by dayone
Once again, we get to play "Guess The Property."
And risk having some tactless FTer slay the golden goose? No thanks. Are you planning a trip to Houston? If so and if you want to know that badly, PM me. Not everything needs to be blabbed in a public forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.