Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Can I just keep submitting claims and collecting 5000 points? Is there a limit? I can find BRG claims all over the world easily.
Don't you get points after your stay?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:32 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Does Marriott match Chase Ultimate Reward travel prices?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Question about the Marriott LNF. I got a successful LNF for 2 rooms. One of the rooms matched was 650 from 857. But the final price of $538.50 doesn't seem to be an additional 25% off the $650. With an additional 25% off it should be $487.50. Is that indeed how it works or is the 25% off some other number or is there something else I'm missing. Secondly is it worth arguing. There are 2 rooms with the other one not reflecting the 25% off either and that is a more expensive room.

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by JoeMenardo
Question about the Marriott LNF. I got a successful LNF for 2 rooms. One of the rooms matched was 650 from 857. But the final price of $538.50 doesn't seem to be an additional 25% off the $650. With an additional 25% off it should be $487.50. Is that indeed how it works or is the 25% off some other number or is there something else I'm missing. Secondly is it worth arguing. There are 2 rooms with the other one not reflecting the 25% off either and that is a more expensive room.

Thanks
The end result is 25% off the room rate that the agent locates. You can reply to the email if it hasn't been too long but otherwise rinse and repeat if the answer is not what you were looking for.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Quick question. I may have found a LNF for a hotel in BKK. The Marriott website rates are refundable. The only prepaid rate includes breakfast. On the OTA, I found a prepaid rate that does not include breakfast. Which will they use to compare? The refundable rate without breakfast, or the prepaid rate with breakfast. (BRGs are so much easier with SPG.)

Marriott rate
flexible, no breakfast: $173 (tax incl)
prepaid, with breakfast: $195 (tax incl)

OTA rate
prepaid, no breakfast: $152

(I am not booking a prepaid room.)
try the no BF against the pre-paid rate ... may work. The BF one won't work.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The end result is 25% off the room rate that the agent locates. You can reply to the email if it hasn't been too long but otherwise rinse and repeat if the answer is not what you were looking for.
Thanks, it was yesterday. So, just shot them an email.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:01 am

I really think the Marriott NLF guarantee is a joke. My experience with their customer service tells me that they are not bona fide in trying to keep the their end of the LNF promise.

If it is not because of Starwood/SPG and Marriott merger..I won't even bother with Marriott. I am just about to cancel on my remaining 6 stays with one of their hotel after encountering another lot of crappy service with their LNF agents.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:43 am

Thanks
There is no easy answer. The 25% reduction only affects the net room rate. Taxes are then added to the new rate. In locations where taxes are a percentage of the rate, the total price will reduce according to the rate reduction. However, there are places that charge fixed amount taxes. Those will not reduce through a successful LNF claim. If you have any fixed price extras as part of the room rate such as 2nd, 3rd or 4th person fees these may not reduce through a successful LNF claim either.

So even with a successful LNF claim and a rate reduction of 25% the total room price reduction may be less than 25%. You'll need to check the details.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:04 am

Got a response from the agent. What he told me they do is divide the total cost of the stay by the number of nights. That is the average rate per night. They then use that to compare each night. If the night is lower than the avg, they don't change it, if it is higher they match the price and then deduct 25%. Interesting way to do it. For my case the avg. price was higher for 2 nights and lower for 3 (which they matched and gave me 25% off). But, if I had made two separate reservations, I would have gotten 25% off all 5 nights, since all the nights were lower in the matched rate.

In the future I'll just make multiple reservations to maximize my savings. Still happy about the claim as it was a savings of ~$500 though could have been more.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
In the future I'll just make multiple reservations to maximize my savings. Still happy about the claim as it was a savings of ~$500 though could have been more.
Don't bother. I did that once (split a three night stay into one night and two nights) purely because I wasn't sure of my plans. The claim was approved but the average rule thingy was applied and the reservations were still kept separate. It's in the T&Cs.
JoeMenardo likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:10 am

Got a response from the agent. What he told me they do is divide the total cost of the stay by the number of nights. That is the average rate per night. They then use that to compare each night. If the night is lower than the avg, they don't change it, if it is higher they match the price and then deduct 25%. Interesting way to do it. For my case the avg. price was higher for 2 nights and lower for 3 (which they matched and gave me 25% off). But, if I had made two separate reservations, I would have gotten 25% off all 5 nights, since all the nights were lower in the matched rate.

When I am searching I find a lot of the sites seemed to have averaged the daily rates so some nights higher than Marriott and some lower.
I can’t remember which site I was on but I clicked on the rate and it soecified the rates for each day. As each day did end up still being lower than Marriott they were able to LNF each day.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:09 pm

I just did my first Points LNF... I'm happy. Agent matched the lower rate (equalled lower rate, not 25% lower) and gave me the 5k points. Definitely a win.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:48 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Another time my claim was denied because the agent was unable to type in the correct address. I say "trivago.de",which includes all taxes and fees, they search under "trivago.com", having to convert to EUR and fiddle around with additional taxes. I had a similar case in the past with a Japanese website, where they simply used .com (in English) instead of .co.jp (in Japanese) which I specified.

By on the lookout for that!

HTB.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Any word on whether the Look No Further - Best Rate Guaranteed rate will remain after the August consolidation?
Thanks.

Newman
estnet likes this.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 9, 2018 at 12:55 pm Reason: Fixed Signature to fit FT guidelines.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Newman
Any word on whether the Look No Further - Best Rate Guaranteed rate will remain after the August consolidation?
Thanks.

Newman
I don’t see why not, considering they just made the change that you can choose 5000 points instead of the 25% off.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 9, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.