Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Point earnings on FHR rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

For a change I found an FHR rate actually worth using at a Ritz-Carlton property. Will I earn Marriott Rewards points if I book this through American Express to get the FHR rate?
Old May 24, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TommyC80
For a change I found an FHR rate actually worth using at a Ritz-Carlton property. Will I earn Marriott Rewards points if I book this through American Express to get the FHR rate?
No
Old May 24, 2014, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

Last edited by TommyC80; May 28, 2014 at 11:20 am
Old May 25, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Yes. I do all of the time. When you get your FHR confirmation via email, it ail have the Marriott reservation number on it. Just call MR and have them add your MR #. Its completely legit. You are paying the property. FHR is acting like a travel agent. MR has no problem with this at all. I get the 1k Ritz plat arrival gift plus points and elite night credit for the stay.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Yes. I do all of the time. When you get your FHR confirmation via email, it ail have the Marriott reservation number on it. Just call MR and have them add your MR #. Its completely legit. You are paying the property. FHR is acting like a travel agent. MR has no problem with this at all. I get the 1k Ritz plat arrival gift plus points and elite night credit for the stay.
Interesting...this has not been my experience.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ejh25
Just look for the 8 digit Marriott number (begins with an 8). I just call and say, "I made a res through FHR and want to attach my MR number."

Its worked every time.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ejh25
There are some properties that will look for any way to say no. If FHR does not send your MR # and you don't do anything to add it, then stay/points will not post. And when you call after the fact, they may still say no. Checking and taking care of things before hand can make a world of difference. Not to mention the person you end up contacting and how they feel that day.
Old May 25, 2014, 9:39 am

I received points for all of my FHR bookings with RC in the past few years. Just call central reservation and add your MR account number.
FHR is a qualifying rate in all 3 major hotel chains: hilton, marriott, spg.
Old May 25, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks all -- I will be booking at an RC property in Asia, in a club level room. Anyone have experiences with FHR upgrades while on the club floor? I know my plat status will get me squat... Is there even potential for a suite upgrade under FHR?
Old May 25, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Ok thanks all -- I will be booking at an RC property in Asia, in a club level room. Anyone have experiences with FHR upgrades while on the club floor? I know my plat status will get me squat... Is there even potential for a suite upgrade under FHR?
Yes. I have gotten an upgrade to a suite a few times on FHR. The Jr and one bedroom. Different properties. Doesn't happen often, but has happened. I have asked for any suite availability while checking in.

Good luck and have a great time! The club level at RC's really adds to the stay.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:07 pm

Yes at the FLL Ritz Carlton. Marriott confirmation # was on FHR confirmation and I just pulled up Marriott.com and added reservation. Great property by the way!
Old May 25, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
Of all the years I've stayed at FHR hotels, I've always received points for my stays (Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, or Hyatt).
Old May 25, 2014, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that the published FHR benefit is generally one category.

I automatically received points without any problems from a FHR booking at the RC Hong Kong. I reserved a club level room and was upgraded to a junior suite, club level of course.
Old May 25, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Pardon my ignorance...FHR stands for what?...Is it a Ritz code?
Old May 25, 2014, 11:38 pm

FHR means "Fine Hotels and Resorts", a program through AMEX.

https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/fhr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.