FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Marriott Point earnings on FHR rates (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1579839-marriott-point-earnings-fhr-rates.html)

TommyC80 May 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Marriott Point earnings on FHR rates

For a change I found an FHR rate actually worth using at a Ritz-Carlton property. Will I earn Marriott Rewards points if I book this through American Express to get the FHR rate?

ejh25 May 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80 (Post 22919640)
For a change I found an FHR rate actually worth using at a Ritz-Carlton property. Will I earn Marriott Rewards points if I book this through American Express to get the FHR rate?

No

TommyC80 May 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Mr. Vker May 25, 2014 7:27 am

Yes. I do all of the time. When you get your FHR confirmation via email, it ail have the Marriott reservation number on it. Just call MR and have them add your MR #. Its completely legit. You are paying the property. FHR is acting like a travel agent. MR has no problem with this at all. I get the 1k Ritz plat arrival gift plus points and elite night credit for the stay.

ejh25 May 25, 2014 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 22921460)
Yes. I do all of the time. When you get your FHR confirmation via email, it ail have the Marriott reservation number on it. Just call MR and have them add your MR #. Its completely legit. You are paying the property. FHR is acting like a travel agent. MR has no problem with this at all. I get the 1k Ritz plat arrival gift plus points and elite night credit for the stay.

Interesting...this has not been my experience.

Mr. Vker May 25, 2014 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ejh25 (Post 22921628)

Just look for the 8 digit Marriott number (begins with an 8). I just call and say, "I made a res through FHR and want to attach my MR number."

Its worked every time.

RogerD408 May 25, 2014 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ejh25 (Post 22921628)

There are some properties that will look for any way to say no. If FHR does not send your MR # and you don't do anything to add it, then stay/points will not post. And when you call after the fact, they may still say no. Checking and taking care of things before hand can make a world of difference. Not to mention the person you end up contacting and how they feel that day.

5DMarkIIguy May 25, 2014 9:39 am

I received points for all of my FHR bookings with RC in the past few years. Just call central reservation and add your MR account number.
FHR is a qualifying rate in all 3 major hotel chains: hilton, marriott, spg.

TommyC80 May 25, 2014 10:46 am

Ok thanks all -- I will be booking at an RC property in Asia, in a club level room. Anyone have experiences with FHR upgrades while on the club floor? I know my plat status will get me squat... Is there even potential for a suite upgrade under FHR?

Mr. Vker May 25, 2014 11:46 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80 (Post 22922219)
Ok thanks all -- I will be booking at an RC property in Asia, in a club level room. Anyone have experiences with FHR upgrades while on the club floor? I know my plat status will get me squat... Is there even potential for a suite upgrade under FHR?

Yes. I have gotten an upgrade to a suite a few times on FHR. The Jr and one bedroom. Different properties. Doesn't happen often, but has happened. I have asked for any suite availability while checking in.

Good luck and have a great time! The club level at RC's really adds to the stay.

artyam May 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Yes at the FLL Ritz Carlton. Marriott confirmation # was on FHR confirmation and I just pulled up Marriott.com and added reservation. Great property by the way!

CaroPalms May 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Of all the years I've stayed at FHR hotels, I've always received points for my stays (Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, or Hyatt).

MSPeconomist May 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Remember that the published FHR benefit is generally one category.

I automatically received points without any problems from a FHR booking at the RC Hong Kong. I reserved a club level room and was upgraded to a junior suite, club level of course.

fredlisancnc May 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Pardon my ignorance...FHR stands for what?...Is it a Ritz code?

sunghwan34 May 25, 2014 11:38 pm

FHR means "Fine Hotels and Resorts", a program through AMEX.

https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/fhr