Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palazzo Matteoti, The Dedica Anthology, Milano, Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palazzo Matteoti, The Dedica Anthology, Milano, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just back from a paid weekend stay there and my experience is similar to earlier reviews.

Location:- Quietish street close (5 minutes) from Duomo and ideally situated for main attractions and, should you wish, high end shopping.

Ambience:- Very funky and modern looking in the public spaces.

Check-in:- Textbook, status recognised, welcome gift offered, breakfast in restaurant explained and upgrade to a deluxe room offered.

Room:- Certainly stylish with a fantastic looking bathroom, complete with a dazzling array of toiletries (4 different shampoos including Tea and Myrrh). However, if I were there to work, the room wasn't really practical with no real working space and poorly placed power sockets.

Breakfast:- Really nice spread and impeccable service.

Summary:- Would recommend with one reservation - If I were in Milan for work and needed to spend a significant amount of time on my laptop in the room, I might think again, but for a vacation / short break, can't fault it.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:34 pm

Stayed here about three weeks ago for five nights on points. Loved the location and the service. However, the WiFi in room was basically unusable almost all of my stay, and the street noise (even on nearly the top floor) was so high and intense. The rooftop terrace was lovely but service was very poor.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Anyone has recent stay here and share their experience? I want to book for next summer and wanted to confirm if Gold members still get free breakfast?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat
Just had an award stay there last weekend, and sadly the special selection of toiletries is gone, now they have a Roberto Cavalli line (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) which I personally dislike because of the strong perfume smell, but that my opinion. Out of curiosity, I ask if they still had the old selection and why they switch and the concierge said that it cost lot of money for the old toiletries (understandably), and that there is a new management of the hotel so we could see a few changes at that property.

I was platinum and I got the free breakfast in the restaurant, I found it to have a really good range of food with eggs, pastries, cake and even prosecco available.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
My husband and I are considering a stay at this property in June. A few questions. I use a small (technically pre-teen sized), collapsible transport wheelchair for travel. Are the hallways and elevators at this property wide/large enough to accommodate my wheelchair? What about the rooms themselves? What room category would you suggest we book in order for us to move in comfort? We are usually not thrilled with wheelchair accessible rooms if we can avoid them, for a variety of reasons, but will book if we must. Are there room categories with step-in showers?

Thanks in advance, FTers! Your wisdom is always appreciated!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by ysolde
My husband and I are considering a stay at this property in June. A few questions. I use a small (technically pre-teen sized), collapsible transport wheelchair for travel. Are the hallways and elevators at this property wide/large enough to accommodate my wheelchair? What about the rooms themselves? What room category would you suggest we book in order for us to move in comfort? We are usually not thrilled with wheelchair accessible rooms if we can avoid them, for a variety of reasons, but will book if we must. Are there room categories with step-in showers?

Thanks in advance, FTers! Your wisdom is always appreciated!
Stayed here for a couple nights on my honeymoon last year. The elevators were small, but I imagine would still be able to accommodate a wheelchair. Hallways and room were definitely large enough to do so. We had a "panoramic view" room (which really only had a couple small windows), and the toilet and shower had their own separate spaces, with the latter being a walk-in, so I think you should be fine there as well. Calling (or emailing) the hotel to confirm all of this would be wise, though, just to be sure there aren't rooms that would NOT meet your needs. The staff at the hotel are incredibly friendly and speak great English, so it shouldn't be a problem to do so. Happy travels!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Stayed here for a couple nights on my honeymoon last year. The elevators were small, but I imagine would still be able to accommodate a wheelchair. Hallways and room were definitely large enough to do so. We had a "panoramic view" room (which really only had a couple small windows), and the toilet and shower had their own separate spaces, with the latter being a walk-in, so I think you should be fine there as well. Calling (or emailing) the hotel to confirm all of this would be wise, though, just to be sure there aren't rooms that would NOT meet your needs. The staff at the hotel are incredibly friendly and speak great English, so it shouldn't be a problem to do so. Happy trav2els!
Thank you @Carpboy823! Very valuable information here!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, and the equivalents that I don't use.
Originally Posted by ysolde
Thank you @Carpboy823! Very valuable information here!
We just stayed here for 3 nights in early March. As Marriott Gold I'm not sure how much of an upgrade we got, 4th floor room with king bed in a fairly large room. Like previously mentioned there is a separate room with toilet and bidet with a closing door, and then behind the TV/closet wall there is the combined tub/shower and single sink. The shower was rain head type built right into the ceiling, above the bathtub. It had glass sliding doors but leaked water everywhere on the floor. I don't know how access into the tub would be, it was a bit of a step for my wife into the tub.

The pros of this hotel are the location, only about 3 blocks from the Duomo and lots of restaurants. The breakfast at this hotel was very good, hot and cold foods with breads, pastries, cheese and meats, fruit etc. The coffee was excellent, they would make any type of espresso, cappuccino, etc that you wanted for breakfast. Breakfast included for golds. Service and food at this hotel was very good and probably made up for the rooms being a bit sterile and boring.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this hotel still part of the Marriott family?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:07 pm

Yes, still under the Autograph umbrella; just got re-branded: "The Dedica Anthology" - Boscolo rebranding (5 Autograph hotels)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed earlier this month. Still much as described above. Lovely doorman. Check-in was somewhat less than smooth when we got there. Another guest had had their reservation cancelled, apparently, and there was quite a bit of bother over that. When we went to check in, we were sort of gently pushed into taking the accessible room. It was a downgrade, and the room had been taken out of circulation, because one of the glass doors to the bathroom had a crack in it. We were assured that maintenance had looked and all would be well, but we were never sure if we should have taken the room we had booked. Debated it all week. Oh, well.

The room was quite large. Interesting decor (think Georgia O'Keefe chandelier over the bed, and a large lime green vinyl chair with two straps, one hanging off the top of each side -- it invited naughty thoughts but also made us keep ourselves and all our possessions off the chair, wondering who had been on it and what they had been doing on it, as well as how carefully housekeeping had cleaned it).

Roberto Cavalli toiletries were a bit too scented (and "masculine" in their scent) for my taste, but they did the job.

Concierge desk were on point with restaurant recommendations and giving us a sense of how long it would take to do things, as well as quickly realizing the sorts of things we enjoyed and coming up with follow-up suggestions.

I went to the Spa for a spa mani and an "Indian head massage". The Spa is in the basement, and (again) a bit funky. Massage was amazing! I had an intractable migraine, and this really helped (I also took medication). My husband used the pool, and enjoyed it, but found they did not clear away used plastic cups after people drank water, making a bit of a mess on the "flavored water" table by the pool. A small thing, but it makes an impression.

Hallways are dark -- this seems to be part of the ambience. The elevators work efficiently.

A quibble that I need to follow up on -- points for stay are still not showing up on my RC Rewards.

Location is excellent if you want the Duomo area (quite central for main sights and for shopping).
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:26 am

What would you choose to stay on Milan Fashion Week? I m Platinum and hope can score some benefits. All will book using points, because the price are ridiculous
  1. Palazzo Matteotti, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
  2. STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:01 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by seba
What would you choose to stay on Milan Fashion Week? I m Platinum and hope can score some benefits. All will book using points, because the price are ridiculous
  1. Palazzo Matteotti, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
  2. STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels
First, chances for upgrades will be zilch for such a high occupancy special event period.

Second, the Autograph Collection does provide full elite benefits; Design Hotels do not.

Third, I'd strongly recommend the Excelsior Gallia (Luxury Collection) if you want the nicest possible stay in the Marriott portfolio.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.