Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

"The Dedica Anthology" - Boscolo rebranding (5 Autograph hotels)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond

Got this email this morning. My stay at the Boscolo (Rome) actually starts on the 21st. So I'll get there on Day 1...could be interesting. They make it clear that no aspect of my stay will change, and you can still book all five of the hotels under the Boscolo name well into the future on Marriott.com. (This is the Naiadi property listed below.) Just looks like the whole Boscolo collection is becoming the Dedica Anthology. Does not appear to change the relationship with Marriott.

Coincidentally (?), there's also a new Autograph hotel opening in Rome this week - the Pantheon Iconic.

------
Introducing The Dedica Anthology

We are writing to you today to share the exciting news of the launch on 21 April of a new brand in luxury hôtellerie: The Dedica Anthology.

We are proud to be a member of this portfolio of five distinctive hotels in Italy and across Europe, which are coming together to represent the promise of a new brand of curated, contemporary hôtellerie.

Our new group brand name is composed of two parts. 'Dedica' refers to a dedication to creating hotels shaped by our times: places where guests want to be and to return. In short, a dedication to the art of curated hotel-keeping. 'Anthology' describes the collection of unique stories represented by each of our hotels and their guests.

The Dedica Anthology today is:

Palazzo Naiadi, Piazza della Repubblica 47, Rome – [email protected]
Palazzo Matteotti, Corso Matteotti 4/6, Milan – [email protected]
Grand Hotel dei Dogi, Fondamenta Madonna dell'Orto (Calle Larga Piave), Venice – [email protected]
Carlo IV, Senovazne namesti 13/991, Prague – [email protected]
New York Palace, Erzsébet krt 9/11, Budapest – [email protected]

Please rest assured that, apart from the refinement to your hotel's name, every other aspect of your current booking will remain the same. There is no need to reconfirm your booking, but please do not hesitate to contact us via the email listed above if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Palazzo Naiadi, Rome shortly.

Last edited by pinniped; Apr 16, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:00 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’m surprised that Boscolo is re-branding itself to such an unfortunate name as “Dedica Anthology” but that’s all that seems to be at work here. I’d have thought the well-received Boscolo brand would be more than appropriate, but perhaps the ownership is hoping for some positive PR.i wouldn’t expect any changes at all otherwise, really, much as the announcement indicates.

The most recent rebranding I can think of that’s remotely comparable was the Orient Express rebrand to Belmond. That at least simplified the brand name and removed the misleading geographic misnomer. But it brought no changes otherwise and didn’t even seem to bring any real PR to the brand.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
As the OP is undoubtedly about to find out, the Rome property is exquisite regardless of whatever name they're using.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Boscolo Hotels become Dedica Anthology

Five of the Boscolo Hotels have been sold to the Dedica Anthology Group.
The Boscolo Exedra Roma is now The Palazzo Naiadi,The Dedica Anthology,
The Boscolo Venezia is now the Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology Venice,
The Boscolo Milano, is Palazzo Matteoti, The Dedica Anthology, Milano,
The Boscolo Prague is now the Carlo IV, The The Dedica Anthology.
The Boscolo Budapest is the New York Palace, The Dedica Anthology.
They are all part of the Autograph Collection.
The Boscolo Exedra Nice has not been sold.

Last edited by tbrein; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.