Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Central Park in Rome, Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite

Hi All:

I'm in room 530 of the Courtyard Central Park in Rome as I write this. Very comfortable hotel, nice, spacious rooms, friendly, multilingual staff. My room has a nice balcony (as do they all) and a view of St Peter's. All of the park-side rooms on floors 3,4,5 and 6 have balconies and views of St Peter’s (long way off, but it’s there). Rooms on the other side of the hall are small and suck. I didnb’t notice that they had any suites. Nice, well appointed, modern rooms with safe, fridge and instant coffee; great showers with wonderful water pressure and lots of hot water. There’s a grocery store around the corner and down an alley; perhaps 8 min walk from the hotel front door. Hotel is 5 min walking from Gemelli commuter rail station, which takes you to the Valle Aurelia metro station on the red line, and from there anywhere in the city. €15 gets you a 3 day pass good for all trains, metro, trollies and busses. Door-to-door from the hotel to the Colisseum metro station (hotel->Gemelli->Valle Aurelia->Termini->Colisseum) is prolly 40 minutes each way.

The hotel does have a shuttle, but they charge €3 each way, and it drops you off at kind of a silly place that doesn’t save you any time. Better to take the train/metro.

Restaurant in the hotel is very nice and food is fine, but overpriced. Great if you want a convenient meal, but avoid otherwise. At least two local italian places (pasta, sausages, pizza, cheap wine) within an easy 10 min walk. Breakfast is free for Plats (internet too) and has the full range of hot and cold stuff; great breakfast with easy opportunities to stock up on cheese and rolls for lunch :-)

Taxi from the airport was €45 on the meter; lots of guys will try to lock you in at €50 for a van trip, but don't do it; you'll be stuffed in with other people and the trip will prolly suck. Just get a taxi at the airport and pay the meter fee; you'll prolly pay less to boot....

edit: Not sure how this got its own thread. I put it at the end of a thread about Marriott properties in Rome....

Last edited by kcblakely; Apr 26, 2014 at 5:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.