Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still Showing 2013 Stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Rollover nights count twice towards lifetime nights.
Ok thanks...I honestly did not know that
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:24 pm
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Mine updated and reset sometime during the day today. With rollover nights (total 771 LT) and accumulated points (2,100,000 +) I have reached LT Plat status but no acknowledgement--and the progress bar indicates that I am Silver and need 43 nights to reach the "next level" for 2015. Looks like they hired a few displaced Target IT folks. Ironically, I can charge my hotel bill in Hanoi and it posts to my credit card within 30 minutes, but Marriott can't reset the clock or acknowledge a major status milestone for 17 days (and counting).
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by dfe
Mine updated and reset sometime during the day today. With rollover nights (total 771 LT) and accumulated points (2,100,000 +) I have reached LT Plat status but no acknowledgement--and the progress bar indicates that I am Silver and need 43 nights to reach the "next level" for 2015. Looks like they hired a few displaced Target IT folks. Ironically, I can charge my hotel bill in Hanoi and it posts to my credit card within 30 minutes, but Marriott can't reset the clock or acknowledge a major status milestone for 17 days (and counting).
MR does more than just count days/stays. At the end they look at past history and determine which one shouldn't be dropped from Plat to Gold or who needs to go to PP etc... it is not just an IT crunching numbers thing, I am sure manual look is in the game as well. Review takes a little time.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
[QUOTE=dfe;22185147]Mine updated and reset sometime during the day today. With rollover nights (total 771 LT) and accumulated points (2,100,000 +) I have reached LT Plat status but no acknowledgement/QUOTE]

I've posted this before - MR is way behind AA and SPG, and on par with legacy USAirways, when it comes to lifetime/milestones. I received a Lifetime Platinum card, but that's it - nothing on the web site and no email notification, etc., when crossing the threshold. Mine also says 75 nights to retain my level. SPG has a LT PLT logo and a "The best things in life. For life" blurb where I recall the nights counter used to be.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:13 pm
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by iztok
MR does more than just count days/stays. At the end they look at past history and determine which one shouldn't be dropped from Plat to Gold or who needs to go to PP etc... it is not just an IT crunching numbers thing, I am sure manual look is in the game as well. Review takes a little time.
Granted there are exceptions that perhaps should be reviewed manually and perhaps filtered out for review, but I think that MR should have an algorithm built into the process that recognizes those that have truly crossed a significant status threshold whether it be silver, gold or plat or LT. Those are no brainers--a matter of simple addition to reach a total. Are you suggesting that every MR holder gets a manual review of his or her account? I think you are referring to those who get a review for a soft landing or an out of bounds upgrade for some reason which is apparently is becoming more common--and apparently many did this year according many other posts. I agree that in the grand scheme of things this is probably not a big deal since it will all come out in the wash--but it just seems that when they reset the clock (after 17 days and counting) they could be upfront and accurate as to status at the reset, without going back and doing recalculations. And why not recognize LT status once it is achieved? It is a significant milestone and recognition that you would think that the customer would appreciate without saying that you need 43 more nights to achieve the next level (plat) when you have already achieved Plat LT.

I am not whining so much about my own status because I am there, but taking to task the process that MR uses for recognition of folks who worked hard and spent money to earn it at whatever level.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My account reset to all zeros. No rollover nights, no credit card nights.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When does your cc renew? You don't get the 15 nights until then and if you don't have 3000 in charges you don't get those either.

Are you sure you were owed rollover nights?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by linsj
My account reset to all zeros. No rollover nights, no credit card nights.
My counter reset but I have 1 CC night posted from spending $3000. For me the CC spend nights usually post mid-month so the timing makes sense.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by dfe
And why not recognize LT status once it is achieved? It is a significant milestone and recognition that you would think that the customer would appreciate without saying that you need 43 more nights to achieve the next level (plat) when you have already achieved Plat LT.
This has been a matter of discussion for years, but in general Marriott seems to take the position that LT status really doesn't come into play until you fail to earn that level (or a higher one) from actual stays or credit card earnings, at which time they apply the LT status. I've been LT Gold for years, but during that period have always gotten to Platinum, and I've never received an LT Gold card or acknowledgement. Should make LT Platinum this year, and expect no change until my earnings drop below Platinum level.

Some folks have reported, though, that they have called and received the LT card if they asked long/hard enough.

No, it's not like Starwood.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I did not call and ask for a LT card, but when I crossed the LTP threshold in Jan 2013 Marriott sent an LTP card. i had been Plat in 2012 and 2013. Despite meeting LTP, the counter still showed how many stays were needed to get 2014 Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.