Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Breakfast Included in Room Rate, but I'm Platinum and entitled to free breakfast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast Included in Room Rate, but I'm Platinum and entitled to free breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by iztok
I never thought about this like that. Sometimes my rate includes breakfast and sometimes it doesn't. If it does and I have time, I eat at the restaurant. If it doesn't or I don't have time, then I grab something from the lounge. That simple.
I fully agree with this and that's how I take it too...

Originally Posted by y2k1jetta
Agreed, flying to Vienna and you care about the breakfast rate. In July be thankful you got a room there and get out of the hotel and never eat ounce there.
I would disagree with bolded part wholeheartedly - breakfasts in Viennese hotels are often very lavish (particularly compared to the crap I have been served in USA) and definitely worth of saving few Euros by not eating breakfast out. I have not stayed in Vienna Marriott, but at Renaissance and could not complain at all.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:24 pm

I try avoid eating breakfast in the lounges; usually eating out of low sofa chairs in front of the tv. I wouldn't at home and don't like to in a hotel, so if it's in the rate it's a bonus; cooked breakfast in the restaurant in the UK is usually 15-20 supplement.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
My advice is to venture out and eat your breakfast at a local cafe. I bet Vienna has some great local cafes.

Or are we talking Vienna, GA?
Isn't Vienna a station on the Washington DC Metro? I think it's in outer suburban Virginia.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
My advice is to venture out and eat your breakfast at a local cafe. I bet Vienna has some great local cafes.

Or are we talking Vienna, GA?
+1. To each their own but don't get the obsession with wanting Marriott to provide a substandard, fatty, carb filled breakfast for free.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't Vienna a station on the Washington DC Metro?
Yes. I live about 300 m ESE of the Vienna Metro Station.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Yes. I live about 300 m ESE of the Vienna Metro Station.
But a bit further from Schoenbrunn Palace, I'd wager.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
My corporate rate includes breakfast at FS Marriotts but not at Courtyards so I'm double eligible for breakfast at FS, not eligible at all at CY's.

One funny thing was when at one FS Marriott they insisted I have to eat the breakfast in lounge. It took a lot of explaining before they understood that my rate including breakfast in the restaurant can't be downgraded to breakfast in lounge just because I happen to be Platinum.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
As an aside, I've stayed twice at the Vienna Marriott and as a platinum you can have free breakfast in the lounge and/or the restaurant. They're both great -- the lounge is a very nice space on the top floor with great views across Stadtpark and the city, and a small enclosed terrace area -- but the restaurant is a very lavish buffet, including champagne, with tables overlooking the Ringstrasse. The lounge also serves soups and strudel at lunch, and a modest buffet spread in the evening. Soft drinks and coffee/tea are available all day.

FYI, I've never successfully gotten a room on the executive floor, even as a platinum, but did secure a large junior suite upon request a few days early on my last trip when there was going to be three of us in the room. There was a complimentary mini-bar of soft drinks for the duration of the stay, too -- I believe if you get a concierge level room alcohol in the mini bar is free, too, but haven't gotten a room there yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.