Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ok its the 15th July - Where are my certs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ok its the 15th July - Where are my certs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Nothing, nadda, zero on my online statment this morning regarding the AAA promo.. whats up with that? Thank goodness these are good until June 30th next year
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I called this morning and was told that I would have my certificates within a week. My on-line account statement shows nothing at this point.

Bruce
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:45 am

Well, it is 48 hours since my telephone call and both my husband's and my online accounts each have entries for
"X14 WEEKEND NIGHT"
I hope to receive these certs in the mail next week. If your account is not noted yet, I suggest you call marriottrewards.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 8:51 pm

This is ridiculous. My online account has not been updated since 06/22! Over a month ago now! Has anybody else had their account updated with the Free Nights?
Old Jul 25, 2002, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
My account was last updated on 7/22, but it does not show the latest (apparently X14) free-night certificates yet.

Bruce
Old Jul 25, 2002, 8:05 am

My account was last updated on 6/19. Today I was surprised to find miles for a 6/18 Marriott stay in my AA account, stay which has yet to show on my MR account!

No X14 yet either.

In my experience, Starwood posts and transfers the fastest, MR posts slowly but transfers quickly, while Priority Club posts and transfers slowly.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 8:05 am

I just called MR and the rep didn't even know about the promo. After checking with his supervisor, he confirmed my stays and said he would get my certs out. He said that Marriott was having problems with this promo.

My advice to those who haven't received their certs is to call Customer Service and have the rep take the necessary action to get the ball rolling for you.

Good luck
Old Jul 25, 2002, 9:28 am

I have been waiting for this award too. I decided to call today (per YACKO's advice) and was glad I did. Nothing had appeared in my online account record. The rep I talked with saw a notation right away on my record that I had (I guess) registered but couldn't figure out why the certs. hadn't been sent. She too went to her supervisor and after about 8 minutes came back perplexed but gracious and said they would be sent out shortly and appologized. I don't know what the hang up is and she didn't either. So, I think those waiting should call.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I just got off the phone with MR... Same thing happened to me -- they show I registered, but they also show the certificates weren't processed for me. He mentioned that there had been a major screw-up with the registration process for this promotion, and just about everyone got messed up in some way.

So if you're like I was until 2 minutes ago -- waiting to see if yours will just show up because you don't want to bother MR -- go ahead and call. If it hasn't shown up in your online account summary with the X14 yet, it's not going to until you call.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 5:19 pm

Guess I need to wait and call back.

Initial response from MR was that AAA promo was only for new members. After some discussion and a conversation with his manager he acknowledged that he was mistaken. He stated they are in the process of mailing them within the next 10 days. That If I don't receive them in 3 weeks to call back...

Since he generated so much credibility with his initial assertion (and thanks to the inside information from this board) I think I will try again tomorrow and see what a different MR rep has to say.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 5:29 pm
TUFBEAR

Called MR, just now, and received information that I was indeed registered for this promotion. The rep counted my stays and I qualified for 3 certs the first month of this promotion (March). He checked with his supervisor who indicated that AAA messed this up and not them. He stated that I should receive my 3 certs by next week. All above posts are correct- "You'd better call"!

Old Jul 25, 2002, 6:59 pm
DJR

I called yesterday and they posted in my online account today. They apologized for the confusion. Hopefully the certs will arrive in the mail soon.

David
Old Jul 28, 2002, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Yipppeee Ki Yay

One phone call did it.

I called Friday, and today (Sunday) my online statement shows:

7/26/02 X14 WEEKEND NIGHT-CATEGORY 7/26/02 X14 WEEKEND NIGHT-CATEGORY
Old Jul 30, 2002, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called 6 days ago (see my post on 7/24, 10:02 a.m.) and was told that my three certs would be mailed shortly. Because I have received nothing AND my on-line account has not been updated since 7/22, I called again today. The service center had no record of the earlier call and had to go through it all over again. This time, I was told that the certs would be mailed today. We'll see.

Bruce
Old Aug 1, 2002, 8:02 am

Called on the 25th, received the cert yesterday in the mail. A lot faster than the time they indicated.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.