Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best Marriott property in downtown San Francisco?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold

I am going to be in SF for 2 nights next week and wondering where to stay. Have heard that the W is very nice but wondering what the best Marriott property is. Isn't there supposed to be some new Rennaisance that's very nice?
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Avoid the Parc 55 Ren at all costs. there are several recent (since May) threads about this disappointing property. The main SF Marriott is your best bet... Fisherman's Wharf is a small property, almost Courtyard sized.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:31 pm
Patron

www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001884.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001778.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001612.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001492.html
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001487.html

Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:31 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
The Renaissance Stanford Court is on California and Powell. Great location... where all of the cable cars cross, so you can get most places pretty easily.

Bob
Old Jul 29, 2002, 6:40 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I like the downtown Marriott (for the tenth time this week)
Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:05 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yep, the Renaissance Stanford Court on California, IMHO!
Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Yep, the Renaissance Stanford Court on California, IMHO! </font>
So whch is better: Renaissance Stanford Court or Marriott SF??
Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:16 pm

I was born and raised in San Francisco and now I live in NY and come back to SF every 4-5 weeks on business. Beware the Stanford Court has no concierge lounge and (even tho I am Plat) I had to buy my own breakfast. They have only one dining room and it is quite expensive (but the lemon souffle pancakes are heaven). Also, not all of their rooms face out, some face an inner courtyard. Plus you are on the top of Nob Hill so anyplace you go requires a walk back up the hill to get home. The Marriott has better views, a conciegre lounge and is within an easy walk of shopping, restaurants, movies, theatres, PacBell Park, and sits practically on top of the subway station. The Stanford Court has a more rarifed atmosphere, the Marriott is a big convention hotel. BTW, I guess I'm alone in my thoughts about the Park 55 Renaissance: I like it very much.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:06 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anandrag:

So whch is better: Renaissance Stanford Court or Marriott SF??</font>
---

While, "sfpaul900" makes some very good points, I'd said the REN!
Old Jul 31, 2002, 3:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfpaul900:
I was born and raised in San Francisco and now I live in NY and come back to SF every 4-5 weeks on business. Beware the Stanford Court has no concierge lounge and (even tho I am Plat) I had to buy my own breakfast. They have only one dining room and it is quite expensive (but the lemon souffle pancakes are heaven). Also, not all of their rooms face out, some face an inner courtyard. Plus you are on the top of Nob Hill so anyplace you go requires a walk back up the hill to get home. The Marriott has better views, a conciegre lounge and is within an easy walk of shopping, restaurants, movies, theatres, PacBell Park, and sits practically on top of the subway station. The Stanford Court has a more rarifed atmosphere, the Marriott is a big convention hotel. BTW, I guess I'm alone in my thoughts about the Park 55 Renaissance: I like it very much.</font>
Lousy breakfst buffet for a 4 star... more like a Courtyard... essentailly no lobby... and the concierges that were there for our 4 day stay in May were useless. The Parc 55 is not terrible... it just wasn't truly a 4 star hotel.

Old Jul 31, 2002, 11:16 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfpaul900:
Plus you are on the top of Nob Hill so anyplace you go requires a walk back up the hill to get home. </font>
I don't disagree with most of the points made above; however, since the cable cars run up the hill, I have never had to walk. And I often get upgraded to a view room.

With the Stanford Court... it's just the atmosphere!

Bob
Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.