Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Evergreen Marriott Conference Center at Stone Mountain, Ga?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at the Evergreen and can give me info? I will be staying for 3 nights
with 4 teens (age 14 - 16). There is a good
description of activities on the web but not
much info on the hotel - how nice? good
rooms? good restaurants? nice pool? Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:53 am

atlantagirl,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Saw this was your first post, although you have been registered for some time.

I had the pleasure of staying at this property back in January 2002, over MLK Jr. Holiday Weekend.

It is quite nice, and was kinda lively as there was a group in-house for a conference. The guest rooms and corridors had recently been renovated. The rooms were very comfortable with the upgraded bedding package, duvet covers and down comforter, etc. There are mini-refrigerator's in the rooms also, which was an added bonus to keep drinks chilled.

Overall, this is quite a nice resort type property. The outdoor pool/spa area is great, on a slight hillside overlooking the lake and Stone Mountain and a nice deck area. There is a fitness center with plenty of nautilus equipment and free-weights. Also there is an indoor pool and spa.

In the lobby area, they have a gift shop, Starbucks Coffee franchise, and a lounge on the lower level. The hotel is built on a hill, so most of the rooms are either at lobby level or below. My room overlooked the lake through the pine trees and had a balcony.

There was also a full-service restaurant, but I can't offer comments on it, as we did not visit during our stay.

Think you will have a great time at the Evergreen.

AtlMan

[This message has been edited by AtlMan (edited 07-30-2002).]
Old Jul 30, 2002, 2:07 pm
fparker1

this is a very nice property. the full service restaurant is very good.

my experience included several large groups checking in the same time i did and the hotel was sold out during that time so it was very busy.

there is enough there to keep you busy for a couple of days.

if you have a car you might want to drive it to the local stuff in the park as the bus that runs around there only moves once per hour or so. it gets very hot there during the summer and missing the bus means waiting another hour.

------------------
f

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.