Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Friendly Reminder

Hi FT'ers,

For those who have successfully made the LNF claims recently for REN BKK, you might want to check your online account to see whether your rate has been changed.

I have a couple reservations for different dates and they have all been changed to 4,400 Baht without my knowledge.

Perhaps you might want to print out your LNF rate, email the hotel to revise the rate back to 1,615 Baht (for those under LNF) or maybe prepare to have a shock during check-in.

I know of other FT'er who also have this rate change without our consent.

Happy
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the head's up, Happy. I just checked, and both of my reservations remain at a 1,628.9 baht rate. There are still rooms without cancellation charges for $83 before tax that can get discounted further.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
mine too
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:16 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by abitlost
There are still rooms without cancellation charges for $83 before tax that can get discounted further.
Where have you seen this $83 rate?

Thank you!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Hi FT'ers,

For those who have successfully made the LNF claims recently for REN BKK, you might want to check your online account to see whether your rate has been changed.

I have a couple reservations for different dates and they have all been changed to 4,400 Baht without my knowledge.

Perhaps you might want to print out your LNF rate, email the hotel to revise the rate back to 1,615 Baht (for those under LNF) or maybe prepare to have a shock during check-in.

I know of other FT'er who also have this rate change without our consent.

Happy
Mine is intact, but thanks for the head's up.

Also keep us posted on your situation!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by cattwl
has anyone been offered breakfast downstairs as an elite member? I'm so looking forward to my upcoming stay
I was offered my choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs yesterday. I also got a 4 PM late checkout.

Meter taxi to the airport was only 265B + 70B tolls and took 1 hour.

City Line train from airport to Phya Thai then transfer to BTS for 2-3 stops to Chit Lom took about 1 hour 15 minutes total and 65B (45B train & 20B BTS).
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I was offered my choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs yesterday. I also got a 4 PM late checkout.
They didn't offer me breakfast in the restaurant last time (June '11), hopefully this time around (Jan '12) they will.

Only a Gold...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:08 am

Well, I was quite happy with the bf served in the lounge, didn't see a need to go downstairs. I've just contacted them re upgrade/upsell to studio room, but response was a bit difficult to interpret ;-)
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by YOWzer
They didn't offer me breakfast in the restaurant last time (June '11), hopefully this time around (Jan '12) they will.

Only a Gold...
This is apparently relatively new benefit. It is printed on the Executive Floor benefits sheer that they give you.

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
Well, I was quite happy with the bf served in the lounge, didn't see a need to go downstairs. I've just contacted them re upgrade/upsell to studio room, but response was a bit difficult to interpret ;-)
Breakfast in the lounge is more than adequate. It does not, however, compare to what is offered at the restaurant.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by YOWzer

Only a Gold...
We had a 3-night stay last December and we partook breakfast in the restaurant downstairs ... we are Gold also. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...th/5224003056/
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:59 am

looks more like the "Studio suite", not the "Renaissance Suite", if i compare to the pics on http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php...oup=33&gblog=1
We were in Studio suite and then we were moved to Renaissance Suite
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
We were in Studio suite and then we were moved to Renaissance Suite
was this one the Renaissance Suite?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7623281787891/
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:29 am

was this one the Renaissance Suite?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7623281787891/
No, these are two connected deluxe king rooms.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:34 am

I see, thanks. So the Renaissance suite seems to be just a sort of "larger Studio suite"? No separate bedroom, thus sort of Junior Suite?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:33 pm

I see, thanks. So the Renaissance suite seems to be just a sort of "larger Studio suite"? No separate bedroom, thus sort of Junior Suite?
It has a good size sitting area and a huge bathroom ... the studio suite was less than 50 SQM. Here is a photo of the bath room: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5224003974

Here is the Studio Suite's bathroom which also has a double sink: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5223399343

And the shower closer to the window: www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5223399223

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.