Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Question

Originally Posted by cln
Another guest told me the rooftop bar is now open but didnt check it.
Is this pool is in addition to the indoor pool on the 23rd floor? http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...57623281787891
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Great Hotel

Originally Posted by cln
Had a great stay again. Love the lounge and the style of the Hotel.

Check-In/Check-Out could be more efficient though.

Same sentiments. I also had a great stay recently using the Free 2 nights from the Megabonus. I love the design in the elevator. The checkin-checkout could be improved.

Tried the Chinese (Cantonese) restaurant and was there 3 times within 2 days. The DIM SUM (YUM CHA) is not authentic (comparing those in China, Hong Kong and Singapore) but the Signature Peking duck is good. If you have Marriott Gold Dining, then the 50% discount applies for 2 person.

Happy^
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Renaissance Bangkok Last Minute Summer Deal

Just posted on the Marriott website a few hours ago:

Last Minute Summer Deal, breakfast for 2 guests daily

Starting From 2,463.89 (THB)

That is more than 50 percent off. An incredible deal! Just booked five nights July 22.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
$60 for an awesome 5* hotel! I'd say. Too bad can't take advantage of that offer
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: M&M Sen,Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Hi,

Do you have the link? Wanted to book some rooms for family members who are visiting in July and for myself in Sep.

Is this the same as the deal which was valid 1-14 June before (unfortunately I missed the timing of that)

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
THB24XX baht is currently US$83++ (17.7%) = US$100

Originally Posted by mnscout
$60 for an awesome 5* hotel! I'd say. Too bad can't take advantage of that offer
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
This has been the rate for at least the whole of June.... Tax in comes to 2850 baht or so...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Disappeared?

Originally Posted by happywanderer
Just posted on the Marriott website a few hours ago:

Last Minute Summer Deal, breakfast for 2 guests daily

Starting From 2,463.89 (THB)

That is more than 50 percent off. An incredible deal! Just booked five nights July 22.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Thanks OP! I had a ressie under an Marriott friends and family rate of 4,650 THB this morning and saw this thread. I was lucky enough to grab the 2,463 rate before it was pulled down at some point today.

On my prior ressie I had a confirmed Studio Suite upgrade but I figured I'd give up that confirmed upgrade for a much better rate. I suspect the hotel will still give me the upgrade given that I'm plat and this is part of a honeymoon trip.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 3:06 am

I've seen some posts regarding complimentary laundry here...is this dry cleaning or just laundered shirts? Or a whole load of laundry? We've got 2 little ones, so we do laundry regularly!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:15 am
Suspended

when I was there last it was 3-5 pieces to be ironed ONLY

Originally Posted by subdawg
I've seen some posts regarding complimentary laundry here...is this dry cleaning or just laundered shirts? Or a whole load of laundry? We've got 2 little ones, so we do laundry regularly!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
Originally Posted by subdawg
I remember its a club level benefit. 3 pieces of laundry Per Stay.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I have just recieved this in response to questions about my reservation in December -

"Although, the sign out front will change this November, you can expect the same great
service through our dedicated associates along with some enhanced features to the hotel
in the future. Reservations can still be made via Marriott.com from now until
October 31, 2012 however, Marriott rewards points and other core Marriott
Programs will no longer be available beyond October 31, 2011.
Our existing team will remain and will ensure a smooth and efficient transition as the
resort is enhanced and upgraded prior to joining Anantara Hotels Resorts & Spas in
November 2011. Please be advised that the resort remains fully operational throughout
2011 and all guest bookings remain unaffected."
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:46 am
Suspended

no points......... no perks............ I'd consider switching properties

Originally Posted by johnaalex
I have just recieved this in response to questions about my reservation in December -."
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
no points......... no perks............ I'd consider switching properties
Although I won't get any points, I will still make Marriott Life Time Gold this year and the hotel have assured me I will get the usual Gold Level Perks ^ They have enrolled me in the GHA scheme at "VIP Level", whatever that means (Gold, Plat or Black are the levels)

Also my wife is looking forward to staying there for the first time after I told her how nice it is.

So all things considered I am happy to stay there for 5 nights knowing that it will be followed by a few more nights back the JW Bangkok :-::-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.