Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best Marriott in Cincinnati to hold a meeting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2001, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; Delta Plat; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold

I have the task of setting up a meeting/seminar in Mid-November through a Marriott Hotel in/near Cincinnati. Anyone have any recommendations or stories?
Old Aug 18, 2001, 5:00 pm
GG

There are now three Marriotts in the Cincinnati area. One is up near the Kings Island amusement park, off I-71, about 20 miles from downtown. Two are actually in Kentucky, one directly across the downtown Cininnati on the river, and one at the airport. Without knowing more about your meeting (size, purpose, budget, etc etc) it's hard to say which would be best in your case.

We've stayed at the one on I-71; it's nothing special, but as I recall there is a fair amount of meeting space. Both the others are quite new - the one at the airport is about a year old or less. The one on the river is a 2-3 years old now, and seems very popular.

For convenience for attendees flying in, you couldn't beat the airport of course. If your attendees will want access to restaurants, nightlife, etc, the one in Covington is the obvious choice.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 9:52 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Havn't visited there for a few years now but if it must be Marriott, I'd perhaps try the Marriott Cinncinati (on Chester Rd?). While it's a mediocre/nothing special property despite the big renovation, it's kinda' a big surburban meeting mecca and suitable but not convienient to other things downtown, or baseball/football, etc! Hope this helps!
Old Sep 7, 2001, 8:15 am
GG

That property hasn't been a Marriott for several years. Marriott dumped it about the time they opened the one in Covington.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 9:12 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Right, Sorry. As I said, haven't been there for a long while!

Well I just researched it. As long as we are correcting matters, there are not just three Marriotts, but who's counting?

Cinn Airport North, Hebron

Cinn Marriott North, Cinn

Cinn Marriott Northeast, Mason

Cinn Marriott Rivercenter, Covington

Kingsgate Marriott Conference Ctr, Cinn

How about the new Marriott Kingsgate Conference Center? It's on the U of C campus. I've never been there, but it is new and sounds good to me. It's on 151 Goodman Drive. Perhaps it is possible to get a newbie rate!

Call 877-527-7505 or email vicky.mild@@marriott.com

Hope this helps!

Have a great weekend all.

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old Sep 7, 2001, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bigbroinca:
I have the task of setting up a meeting/seminar in Mid-November through a Marriott Hotel in/near Cincinnati</font>
I'm sorry.

Old Sep 10, 2001, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, US Air Silver
The Kingsgate Marriott is an excellent property for meetings. I held a meeting there for about 40 people and was very impressed with the facilities and the staff responsiveness. It is located next to the Universtiy of Cincinnati's campus. It is also very non-visible. I am platinum with Marriott, live within two miles of the Conference Center, and didn't know it existed until my meeting. Hope it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.