Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 5:58 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
We always stop for lunch at the Key Largo Marriott, but haven't stayed there yet. Looks like a nice resort with a small beach, jet ski's, marina, etc. I'm staying at the Residence in Coconut Grove Tuesday. I'd guess that it's further from Homestead than Dadeland but a faster drive than Key Largo. Frankly, as long as you stay west and south of MIA, most any of the Marriott properties would work.

------------------
"I was once dissappointed that I didn't get an upgrade, then I saw a homeless man without shoes. Somehow, the upgrade didn't seem all that important."
Old May 1, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
Yes, I should have mentioned Biscayne NP is in the Miami area.
Thanks for your responses. Will post a review once I return.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bump this up. I am looking for a CAT 4 hotel for a free weekend that expires on 12/31/03.

Anybody have any additional feedback on either the Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Miami Beach?
Old Oct 18, 2003, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Stayed at FI in August. Typical amenities. Booked a discounted room with city view, but got upgraded to ocean view upon arrival. Small outdoor pool; really only good for kids. The hotel is right on the beach, which is nice.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boltor:
Stayed at FI in August. Typical amenities. Booked a discounted room with city view, but got upgraded to ocean view upon arrival. Small outdoor pool; really only good for kids. The hotel is right on the beach, which is nice.</font>

------------------
MR PLAT
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Cool Miami Beach FFInn/CTYD

Having stayed at the Eden Roc in the past where the location is great but the prices high this time of year ($249.00+/night), I tried another Marriott property down the beach by 4 blocks or so; the Fairfield Inn.($125.00 max/night),location is right on the beach. Being a Plat got me a corner ocean front room with view of a "10" However, looking around once I was there kinda took the bloom off: the bed was as comffy as a brick, housekepping didn't do great. They either didn't change towels one day and the next day left the coffee in the pot from my use at 6am, it was still there at 6 pm when I got back. The physical property is getting "worn". The deck at the pool is in need of cleaning, painting, etc...the hotel is worn too, carpets getting threadbare, etc. This property has NOT been refurbished. The "key-access" gate to get to the beach didn't work, it appears someone had tried to rip it off its' hinges. No internet service or even a business office where a dedicated pc is.
The leftover coffee in the pot put me over the edge,(trash not taken out either) so after two nights, I called the front desk to arrange a ck.out. The people at this FFInn were very fair and tried their best, a credit to them; the g.m. called me the next day and apologized; offering a "comp" stay..I don't want "comp" stays...give me points if you do anything for me..which they agreed to.

I called Mar resv and moved to the Courtyard, 3925 collins ave, two blocks away.($134/nite AAA/62 Sr. rate) This is the "old" Cadillac Hotel; refurbished and rebuilt to the tune of $42 million, as the g.m. told me. All the rooms are small but all new and in the new CTYD scheme; blue/gold carpets, cherrywood furniture, etc. Front desk people are willing and and try their best..(prop is 3 months old) .there were a few minor glitches but with a smile theytook care of everything. Plat's get an ocean front room, I'm told, and here's where I am doing this report on the H.S. internet in the room. they also have three pc's with printer in the lobby alcove...WSJournals too in tis area. Right on the beach too, big pool and hot tub.

Only downside is the valet parking $16 a day; there is only street metered pking. I am told that in the next 6 months there will be a Carraba's on site.

Casual eating out is easy too; take a walk on the boardwalk that fronts all the hotels in the area, go N. 6 blocks t the Eden roc; they have an outdoor restaurant and bar; good food and a combo/music in the evenings!

I will come back!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:04 am

While I didn't stay at the Courtyard, I was at the Fairfield Inn in Miami Beach last November. I did get an ocean view room and it was OK... my problem was my room was across from the vending machine.

The walls tend to be more thin than I would like. Not the greatest FI, but not the worst either. After seeing this review, I would likely try the Courtyard the next time I'm down there.
Old May 9, 2004, 3:17 am

Marriotts:Miami to Key West

Me the wife and 2 kids going from Miami to Key West with 2 kids first week in August. Any suggestions on which resort-type properties would be fun and entertain the kids with pool/beach?
Old Jul 11, 2004, 7:40 pm

Miami Marriott/Renaissance

Anyone that has stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and Eden Roc recently please give feedback. I have a reservation for the Biscayne Bay in a couple of weeks.

I'm looking for a hotel close enough to South Beach (the South Beach Marriott wasn't availabe) and to do some shopping and to overall enjoy the Miami life.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Talking The Roc!

My wife and I love this property! old, art deco style, refurbished and brought up to date in the past 2-3 years, a monster pool (8 foot depth on one end) and deck area, a spa, and about 40 blks. north of SoBe. A boardwalk in front going for about 20 blks., it starts at Eden Roc and goes south.

If you are Plat, ask for xx00 rooms, they're ocean front and somewhat of a suite, sitting area, large bathroom, very nice.

Parking is extra, beach side restaurant and bar with music in the evenings.

The Miami Bisc. Bay Marriott is on the bay, but thats about it, no swimming, if that's what you're looking for. OK rooms, has a cons. lounge. Not my choice; E.Roc is...
Old Sep 21, 2004, 2:41 pm

Best leisure Marriott in Miami/Keys/Ft. Lauderdale

Looking for the best leisure-oriented Marriott in Miami or the Keys or in Ft. Lauderdale. Would like to be near a beach (as I assume most of them are). Going for a vacation next spring.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 3:06 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
Here are some suggestions from a previous thread. Not all of them are in the Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/Keys area, but I think there are some good suggestions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=miami

I don't have a lot of experience with properties there since I stay with family when I venture in that direction.

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Question Close to Miami Beach Convention Center

DH has suddenly decided to attend an April meeting at the Miami Beach Convention Center. I want to use Reward points, of course.

Since we can't count on a shuttle, what is within walking distance?
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MarTN
what is within walking distance?
Why not find out for yourself?
https://marriott.com/search/cwsearch...WT_Ref=mi_left
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
OK, I'll preface my question by saying.

I've searched Flyertalk forums and spent time at Marriott.com. Having never been to the Miami Beach Convention Center, I cannot determine its approximate distance to the various hotels suggested by Marriott.com. "1.6 miles from City Center" is not enough information when I don't know where the Convention Center is in relation to the city center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.