Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BIG CHANGES FOR MARRIOT REWARDS!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2001, 9:21 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by MVCIguy:
Thank you. Finally, someone who sees that Marriott's program, even though it has changed, is still better than any other options out there. It seems that everyone overlooks the fact that there is inflation and because of that, you don't have to stay as many nights in a Marriott hotel as you did 12 years ago (the last time the program changed). Which means so many people have so many points that it made it more difficult to actually get in, hence the "anytime awards". As with everything else in life, I am sure that most everyone will eventually get used to the changes and still realize that Marriott's program is once again the better choice.

Are you sane? I am sorry that it seems a bit harsh, but your comment:

"so many people have so many points that it made it more difficult to actually get in, hence the "anytime awards"."

strikes me as ludicrous. I did not know that I should THANK Marriott for upping the award points just so that NOW I can get a room! What are you thinking????

Do you REALLY believe that they did htis out of the goodness of their hearts just so that all their loyal MR members who could not get a free room at their desired location can now do so!

Really, if they were so concerned, they easily could have made the inventory availalbe at current award levels if that was what they REALLY wanted. Funny, how they will have rooms for 50% MORE points, though!

I must say that input from all is welcomed, but you are very much mistaken that Marriott has done this out of the goodness of their hearts. Moreover, if you really think they are the best, well bless you, but I will take most of my business to Hilton, and will enjoy a Hawaiian vacation far faster and with less difficulty than you can obtain one, even if you desired to stay at a Courtyard, anywhere!

Old May 11, 2001, 3:18 am

That's all I needed to see....

with ever 400 nights in Marriott Properties in the last 5 years, I lived with their lethargic customer service, I tolerated the WORST electronic data posting system (points) in the buisiness, I tolerated having to continously "FAX" my receipts in for credit. I scheduled and rescheduled holidays to find rooms available. Now they are saying that that is not enough?

I'd say more but I need to cancel 6 reservations..... (28 nights)

Hello to Hyatt.....

Old May 11, 2001, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
While I am NOT happy with Marriott's changes, I have had much worse problems with Hyatt in particular. Talk about posting points late! I've waited 18 months before! Unless I have a directive from my company that forces me to stay at Hyatt, I plan to avoid it at all costs (one bright exception is in Paris). I've never had so many horrible experiences with a hotel brand than with Hyatt.

That being said, I will continue to stay 75 nights at Marriott to continue my platinum benefits and take the other 75+ nights to Hilton or Starwood, which does seem to be fighting hard for our business right now.
Old May 11, 2001, 8:06 pm

Originally posted by rjholmes:
That's all I needed to see....

with ever 400 nights in Marriott Properties in the last 5 years, I lived with their lethargic customer service, I tolerated the WORST electronic data posting system (points) in the buisiness, I tolerated having to continously "FAX" my receipts in for credit. I scheduled and rescheduled holidays to find rooms available. Now they are saying that that is not enough?

I'd say more but I need to cancel 6 reservations..... (28 nights)

Hello to Hyatt.....
Well I need to make a comment - I have stayed over 200 nights in the past 2 years and I have never had a posting missed and have never had any problems with customer service ... so you cannot make a generalized statement like that.

With over 200000-300000 points per year, these changes do not bother me. I like the fact that I can stay in a Marriott almost anywhere I want.

SimonC
Old May 14, 2001, 10:42 am

I suggest before moving to Hyatt you try Hilton or Starwood. The reasons being the Hyatt chain is limited in locations. The prices tend to be much higher. The variety at Hilton and Starwood helps. Statements at Hyatt are very tardy in arrival,As is Starwoods.
Old Jul 2, 2001, 10:25 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Please note that the "old" chart is presently posted at

http://www.webflyer.com/notiflyer/newswf3.htm
to help you decide any changes to the Marriott Rewards program for award redemption prior to July 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.