Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Whats the best alternative to Residence Inn?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2000, 7:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

I usually only stay at the reseidence Inn but at times can't get a room.Then I use Extended stay America but the quality is much lower.I'm trying to find something in between these 2.There is the Townplace Suites and Homewood suites but is there any other suites hotel that can match the quality of residence inn?I always need a kitchen in the room so there's not much choice left.Any input would be appreciated!
Old Aug 17, 2000, 7:00 pm

This is a good question and I'm looking forward to the response.
However, for now I cannot help but ask how Airport floors stack up in comparison. As a UA1K, you've probably sampled the Airport floor chain sometime this year.
Old Aug 17, 2000, 8:54 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you tried out a few Embassy Suites?
Old Aug 18, 2000, 6:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

No,I haven't tried out the embassy suites.I hear that they also have kitchens in some hotels but I'll try calling them to get some specifics.I also haven't tried out any airport floors since I started travelling.
Old Oct 26, 2000, 5:23 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
I've been using the Marriott Suites hotels lately. These all-suite hotels are usually located in the suburbs, cost about the same as the Residence Inns, and are *almost* as large as a typical Residence Inn suite. You lose the full kitchen, but you gain full-service in the hotel. You get the full 10 points/dollar.

If you are going really long-term and want full kitchen, see if there are Marriott Execustay apartments in the area. They have monthly rates, 2.5 MR pts/dollar, but I don't think the nights count towards elite status. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.