Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ease of redeeming points for a stay in NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2000, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

How difficult or easy should it be to get a reservation at one of the NYC Marriotts for Feb. school vacation week?
Old Oct 8, 2000, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Shouldn't be too bad, but don't wait too long. Keep in mind that Marriott has LOTS of properties in NYC (including a nice new hotel in Brooklyn). If the one you have in mind isn't available, try another one.

Bruce
Old Oct 9, 2000, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
Why not just ask Marriott!
Old Oct 9, 2000, 10:20 pm

You can now check for award availablity on their website. keep in mind the Marquis is in tourist-hell and the East Side, while not as fancy is in a much nicer neighborhood. The World Trade Center is connected directly to the subway (through the World Trade Center) which in February may be a good thing. The Financial Center hotel is not connected, you have to go outside.
Have a great trip.
Paul
Old Oct 10, 2000, 6:45 am
Original Poster

sfpaul900, thank you for the information on award booking. I found just the hotel I wanted and the dates I needed. What a great feature, if only all the airline and hotel programs had this.
Old Oct 10, 2000, 3:46 pm

Location: Boston,USA Delta Gold, LH FTL, Marriott Platinum, HERTZ President's Circle
Hi,

another question :
Does Marriott have something like blackout days ? I haven't seen anything about that on the Webpage.

felix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.