Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:49 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Gaylord Hotels coming to Marriott Rewards

You’ve likely heard the news about Gaylord Hotels joining Marriott’s portfolio of brands, and as of today, you can make new reservations for Gaylord Hotels directly from Marriott.com.

Here’s the bottom line - beginning October 29, 2012, Marriott Rewards members can earn points, miles, Elite nights, enjoy all Elite benefits and redeem points for free nights at the Gaylord National, Gaylord Palms and the Gaylord Texan. Then in early 2013, members will also be able to earn points or miles, receive Elite benefits, or redeem points for free nights at the Gaylord Opryland when it joins Marriott Rewards.

Complete details on Elite benefits at Gaylord Hotels will be available beginning October 29, but they’ll match those benefits already at full-service resorts. You’ll earn 10 points or 2 miles per dollar on room-rates only. Answers to other frequently asked questions about Gaylord Hotels and participation within Marriott Rewards are available.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Good news for those staying at the Gaylord properties - you get points/stay credit. Bad news is they're considered resorts, so no lounges & no brekkie. Plus, you don't get points for incidental spend.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Justin7894
I have a reservation for a company conference at the Gaylord Texan Oct 12-14.
You won't receive night stay credit, as that starts October 29th & is NOT retroactive. Being able to book a room on the Marriott site starts today.

Information posted in this forum today by Marriott Insider.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...t-rewards.html

Originally Posted by socrates
I came across something the other day...takeover is staggered but I don't recall exact dates
Think most start October 29th, but there's one (Opryland?) in '13. See the link above for details.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Can you file LNF claims for Gaylord hotels?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Can you file LNF claims for Gaylord hotels?

Thanks in advance!
Is there any brand that excludes LNF? If not, then my guess is Gaylords will be included.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:12 pm

I just tried to book a room at the Gaylord Palms for next June and nothing is available. I tried several dates. Do you think it is just booked up or do you think it is a glitch?

Maggie
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by maggiew
I just tried to book a room at the Gaylord Palms for next June and nothing is available. I tried several dates. Do you think it is just booked up or do you think it is a glitch?

Maggie
My guess is it's a glitch. Try calling the ressie line instead of doing it online.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: MR PP, USAirways Platinum, DMS Premier, and SA Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You won't receive night stay credit, as that starts October 29th & is NOT retroactive. Being able to book a room on the Marriott site starts today.

boooooooooooooooo!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Justin7894
boooooooooooooooo!
Consider this the Gaylord equivalent of the Megabonus. Someone always has a stay just before or just after (including me) that misses the window & they don't get points/stay credit.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
also see post #61 by Marriott Concierge..........

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...t-rewards.html
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
also see post #61 by Marriott Concierge..........
Uh, I mentioned that in my post - 2x actually since the mod combined the threads. But thanks for mentioning it again.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Awesome! I do many Gaylord conferences and always hate that there are no points for the stays.
Same here. Posting this from my conference in National Harbor. I'll be in BNA in two weeks. It can't come soon enough. I probably throw away a month of earned points/stays a year at these places.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Same here. Posting this from my conference in National Harbor. I'll be in BNA in two weeks. It can't come soon enough. I probably throw away a month of earned points/stays a year at these places.
Well unfortunately you won't get points for your upcoming stay, but if any further stays are after the 29th you will

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Well unfortunately you won't get points for your upcoming stay, but if any further stays are after the 29th you will

Cheers.
Guess it'll have to wait until next year as I'm done with Gaylord for the year after Oct. I can't wait to see how my MI bennies work.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
Guess it'll have to wait until next year as I'm done with Gaylord for the year after Oct. I can't wait to see how my MI bennies work.
Free i-net & points for room only (& Plat arrival gift if you're Plat). Gaylords are considered resorts so don't expect anything else.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.