Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Slightly on-topic...

Marriott, please do something about this Tweeter on your social media team. I've followed @MarriottIntl for years and am considering 'unfollow'.

"Marr in agrmt2acqGaylord brand&hotel mgmt co..whn complete, will expand range of event opps..RT if u've stayed@aGaylord!<a href="http://bit....p://bit.ly</a>/K1ggFI"

https://twitter.com/MarriottIntl/sta...72350789140480
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Rewards in 2013?

This was posted over on the Marriott board on TUG

...have had contact with MVCI president Steve Weisz, and here's what was said regarding addition of Gaylord hotels to the Marriott portfolio, and my question as to whether Marriott Rewards Members would have access to them via the rewards program:

quote:
"Once the agreement between Gaylord Hotels and Marriott International is complete, you will be able to earn and redeem Marriott Rewards points at the Gaylord Hotels. However, please keep that at this time the deal is only an agreement and requires approval of the Gaylord Hotels shareholders. We anticipate the actual change in management to happen sometime in early 2013."
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rthib
This was posted over on the Marriott board on TUG
remember MVCI is now a franchise and no longer owned by MI but with that said yes MI plans on having the Gaylord brand participate in MR...as a participating brand MVCI will have a relationship (through MR) with Gaylord...all technical and legal but yes it's all subject to Gaylord Entertainment shareholder approval to convert the company to a REIT
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:25 pm

Early 2013? If it's like the other things they have done this year it will probably not happen in 2013 at all.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA Novice
Early 2013? If it's like the other things they have done this year it will probably not happen in 2013 at all.
it all depends on the Gaylord shareholders - until they make a decision MI can't do a thing
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
Gaylord Texan ( Gaylord Hotels Group)

Has anyone done reservation on Gaylord by calling Mariott ? Do we get points and Elite nights credit?
Marriott.com is not showing the hotels with the rates.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The deal hasn't even been approved by the Gaylord shareholders yet.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Gold; Hyatt: Diamond
The Gaylord thing is not a done deal. I think Gaylord votes on sept 19th. After that I'm sure it would be next year before we see the transition if it even goes through.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Haven't stayed at a Gaylord property before - do they have exec lounges? When they get formally rolled into Marriott (assuming shareholders sign off), should I add them to the exec lounge sticky?

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I have stayed at most of the Gaylords, and do not recall seeing or hearing about any type of executive lounge.

I honestly do not know if they have any type of loyalty scheme associated with the gaylord brand currently, so not sure it would have a lounge anyway....
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by socrates
ah you are correct...grande lakes is only 1574 (remember - grande lakes has 2 brands), after the addition was added to world center it was increased to 2000 but I do believe Grande Lakes has more function space than World Center
Grande Lakes has just shy of 150k sq feet of indoor meeting space (both properties combined). The World Center has 450k sq feet, including the exhibition space that was added in 2009.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: MR PP, USAirways Platinum, DMS Premier, and SA Gold
Now that the deal has been approved by Gaylord Shareholders, Marriott should be assuming management of most properties on October 1st.

I have a reservation for a company conference at the Gaylord Texan Oct 12-14.

I am looking forward to hearing ANY and ALL news FT users have regarding the incorporation of MR at the Gaylord properties. Please post any information you may come across.

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Justin7894
Now that the deal has been approved by Gaylord Shareholders, Marriott should be assuming management of most properties on October 1st.

I have a reservation for a company conference at the Gaylord Texan Oct 12-14.

I am looking forward to hearing ANY and ALL news FT users have regarding the incorporation of MR at the Gaylord properties. Please post any information you may come across.

Thanks!
I came across something the other day...takeover is staggered but I don't recall exact dates
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Marriott claims the Gaylord brand

Originally Posted by socrates
I came across something the other day...takeover is staggered but I don't recall exact dates
"
Monday also marks when Marriott claims the Gaylord brand and assumes management of the hotels, including the one in Oxon Hill.

“We're delighted, and look forward to closing the transaction and welcoming the Gaylord Hotels into the Marriott International portfolio beginning October 1,” Thomas O. Marder, vice president of Marriott’s corporate relations, said in an email to The Gazette."

http://www.gazette.net/article/20120...mplate=gazette
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: MR PP, USAirways Platinum, DMS Premier, and SA Gold

Thanks! Keep it coming. Looking forward to redeeming some rewards points for this weekend stay. And upgrade wouldn't hurt either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.