Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by docr775
I got 3 free nights for 6 stays.

"Marriott RewardsŪ members who register for this promotion by June 30, 2012, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after every second paid stay made between June 1, 2012, and August 31, 2012, at a participating Marriott property.
Maximum three (3) free night awards earned with this promotion per member."
I got the same. It's a nice upgrade from the previous 2 free/4 stays, as I can always seem to use the certs at their full 20k value. ^

Double ^ for what others previously noted:

"An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night. Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance."
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
I got the same. It's a nice upgrade from the previous 2 free/4 stays, as I can always seem to use the certs at their full 20k value. ^

Double ^ for what others previously noted:

"An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night. Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance."
+1

I do not think I will be able to get the 3 certificates because most of my stays will go to Hilton, but one or two for sure.

Very good the extended validity to use the certificates because last year 1 expired before I could make usage of it.

Nice promo ^
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:33 am
Suspended

Simple Man and Ricky River --

There are always some who carp about what they are provided and look at things as the grass is always greener on the other side.

I suggest you compare this promotion to SPG's summer promotion and then do what should come naturally to most people.

I think Marriott heard our complaints about their moving many Cat 4 properties up a notch. If as has been said by many on this board that the elevation/descent of various properties is due to their redemptions, then when Marriott comes around to re-categorizing properties in and about March 2013, many of those that were elevated may be brought down to earth -- and if you avail yourself of this promotion, you will have time enough to still use the free earned nights at those properties that should be shifted downwards -- and perhaps for the Summer 2013 travel season.

I think this is a way of showing to us that they do listen to our complaints -- without telegraphing it too loudly.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:33 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I'm a newly minted PLT. I apparently got stay 6/get 3. I dunno if there is a MegaMiles Bonus running now. *shrugs*

Last edited by uxb; Apr 25, 2012 at 7:54 am
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:38 am

I called yesterday to get 'Stay 6 Get 3 nights', as it wasn't available for me online. Rep was very nice and she told me I have been enrolled and will be able to track promotion status online. However, when I go to 'Promotion Central' on my account, there is no mention of that promo. Is that normal or should I call back?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:54 am

I received the 40k point offer as well. Interesting it looks like it is broken down into 15 nights for 20k, an extra 5 for 10k and another 5 for 10k, was it always like this? I wish they would change things up a bit and try something different.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 am

Plat here based in EU i got this one:

To earn your bonus points:

Register by June 30, 2012
Stay 15 paid nights at any participating hotel between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn 20,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 20 paid nights, and another 10,000 points after 25 paid nights (up to 40,000 points)

This summer, imagine more. You’ve earned it.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:21 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Greetings,

Visit your Marriott Rewards MyAccount to register for your unique offer by Saturday, June 30, 2012 for paid stays made between Friday, June 1, 2012 and Friday, August 31, 2012, at over 3,600 participating Marriott properties around the world.

Visit MarriottRewardsBonus.com or call 888-Marriott (627-7468) for complete details.

Safe travels and enjoy your Summer!
Andy
Marriott Rewards Insiders
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:50 am

Interesting that I did not receive any Summer Bonus offer. I have not completed my Fall Megabonus yet, not sure if that has something to do with the system not showing me eligible for the next one yet.

(Plat)
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I receive the 40,000 point bonus promo, but rather have the 3-6 stay promo, if I call Marriot, will they switch the promos for me?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
I called yesterday to get 'Stay 6 Get 3 nights', as it wasn't available for me online. Rep was very nice and she told me I have been enrolled and will be able to track promotion status online. However, when I go to 'Promotion Central' on my account, there is no mention of that promo. Is that normal or should I call back?
Did you set your profile to earn miles? if yes, you need to switch to points.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yuel
I receive the 40,000 point bonus promo, but rather have the 3-6 stay promo, if I call Marriot, will they switch the promos for me?
Every promotion, I saw people post here saying they called and switched their offers. So I think you can call Marriott to switch your offer.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Interesting that I did not receive any Summer Bonus offer. I have not completed my Fall Megabonus yet, not sure if that has something to do with the system not showing me eligible for the next one yet.

(Plat)
Make sure your profile is set to earn points instead of miles.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Make sure your profile is set to earn points instead of miles.
It is. As I said, I am in the process of completing the current megabonus, so it is set to earn points.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TheBigHens
I received this promotion as well, and I am baffled. I don't consider this to be particularly valuable. I've only ever stayed at FS before; I wonder why they would offer this to me, aside from randomly rolling the dice and giving this to me. Encouraging me to stay at FI, RI, etc. does not make sense...

Will be calling to either change to 6 stays -> 3 free certs, or maybe the 40k points if I can project that many nights for that time. Won't be registering for the megabonus until at least June 1!
I got this one as well. I would assume they would target this at people who usually only stay at 1 or 2 brands, but in the past few months I have actually stayed at FS Marriotts, Rens, a JW and a RI.

Regardless, I don't consider 15,000 points after FOUR stays a particularly valuable promotion, and it's even less valuable when you consider I'd have to purposely stay at four different brands just to get the 15,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.