Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 7:32 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
I am going to call Marriott when I get out of this meeting but I am still sans a summer Megabonus offer (was discussing it over lunch and just went and scouted the site and emails).

Anyone else?
I have historically always gotten the "stay 15 nights" promo but this time they gave me the2 stays = free night cert. Which is fine since summer is when I rarely stay at Marriotts but odd that it's the first time I have ever gotten it? And I didn't specifically request this one, just pointed out there wasn't on for me to register for through their "contact us" page.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
As a Premier Plat, I guess they think I stay enough already. Got a fairly useless (for me):

Earn 5,000 bonus points for each weekend stay up to a total of 15,000 points. Basically, stay three weekend nights on different stays and I get 15,000 points.

Will definitely cal and switch to one of the other two promotions above.
got this promo and I am happy with it. Had 2 weekend stays already booked and added a 3rd one. 15k points are worth more than the useless cat. 4 certs. for me.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by illinidad
Follow up to my earlier post (#136). I decided not to PM the Marriott Concierge here, just because I like the illusion of anonymity. Call me paranoid

Anyway, I called the Plat line and spoke with a friendly agent who switched me to the 25 night / 40k bonus offer no problem, and made notes in my profile to indicate that. Like others here have mentioned, it won't show during the promo period and my account will be manually updated once it's over. I'm on the 3 certs promo, so those will post to my account as they are earned. All I need to do is leave them alone and they'll be deleted during the manual adjustment to switch over to points. If for whatever reason I decide to use the certs before the promo period is over, I can do that, but then would not get the points. So, effectively, Marriott has given me a choice of which bonus I'd like to earn.

That's the way to do it, Marriott. ^^

I initially could not find the Plat line # ...and when I called the generic line and asked I was told that there wasn't one! I'm not sure if I've just been having bad luck, but I've been less than impressed with the telephone service from the Marriott. In-person is great...phone, not so much
Old May 21, 2012, 6:21 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
As a Premier Plat, I guess they think I stay enough already. Got a fairly useless (for me):

Earn 5,000 bonus points for each weekend stay up to a total of 15,000 points. Basically, stay three weekend nights on different stays and I get 15,000 points.

Will definitely cal and switch to one of the other two promotions above.
I am wondering if the Plat Premier is what's sc*&@ing us?
Old May 22, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Called, and got the "stay 2 get one night", but promotion was not seen in my account, are we supposed to receive an email or see the promotion in the account?

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Everybody is eleigible for a summer bonus offer. If you don't see one, and you want one, just call.
Old May 22, 2012, 8:01 pm

So I called and had my promotion switched to the stay 2 nights get a night free. But I am wondering if there are 2 different versions of that. One that has a max of 2 free nights and one that has a max of 3 free nights. Anyone?
Old May 23, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by pm6163
Called, and got the "stay 2 get one night", but promotion was not seen in my account, are we supposed to receive an email or see the promotion in the account?
Marriott Concierge switched me to the stay 2 get one night but it's being manually tracked, the promo I have listed is for the weekend stays.
Old May 23, 2012, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I got the 5k/15k weekend night bonus. Debating whether to switch to the Cat 1-4 promo but not sure if I will have > 1 stay (though very possible). The bonus points are worth less, but the problem is that I rarely have occasion to redeem at a Cat 1-4 on vacation. In fact we often have trouble finding use for the Cat 1-5 visa cert during the expiration period. Hmmm...
Old May 24, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Somewhat OT, but don't you think that the promo should now be for a free cat 1-5 hotel as Marriott is raising the level of many of their properties 1 level, thus further reducing the value of free cat 1-4 free nights.
JMO
Old May 24, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
I have historically always gotten the "stay 15 nights" promo but this time they gave me the2 stays = free night cert. Which is fine since summer is when I rarely stay at Marriotts but odd that it's the first time I have ever gotten it? And I didn't specifically request this one, just pointed out there wasn't on for me to register for through their "contact us" page.
Same promotion here, also a first for me. I think they may actually be better calibrating the promotions to drive additional stays. I might add a cheap night somewhere to get a certificate (I'll only have one paid stay between now and the end of August, like most years). Past summer offers requiring 15+ nights were never going to coax an additional stay from me.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:08 pm

Summer Bonus Promotion

Hi all
What does a stay mean in this promotion? 1 night, 2 nights? Can it be 2-1 night stays at different hotels to earn a free night? Does it have to be at least 2-2 nights stays? Please clarify this to me.

To earn your free nights:

Register by June 30, 2012
Stay twice at any participating hotel between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn one free night after every second paid stay, up to three free nights
Old May 25, 2012, 7:02 pm

A stay is at least one night in a hotel. You can stay one night in one hotel and next night in another hotel and that would count as 2 stays. You cannot check in and out of the same hotel on consecutive days and get two stays.
Old May 25, 2012, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Cavaet to what was said: A stay towards the current bonus is at least one paid night in a hotel booked under the guests name and MR acct and paid for by that guest

Originally Posted by ncfinfan
A stay is at least one night in a hotel.
Old May 26, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
Hmm, so it does exist. I'm a PP and was asked by a colleague if I was registered... no sign of anything in my account Emailed the PP folks to see what the deal is, maybe I have too many points and they excluded me!
Old May 27, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by ukchris
Hmm, so it does exist. I'm a PP and was asked by a colleague if I was registered... no sign of anything in my account Emailed the PP folks to see what the deal is, maybe I have too many points and they excluded me!
No one is excluded. You may get a crappy promo such as 5k points for a weekend stay up to 15k. You can PM Marriott Concierge to get switched to another promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.