Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

2012 Plat package arrived in today's mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

I thought I should mention that my 2012 Plat package (cover letter with 2012 card attached to it, the 2012 program brochure, 1/2 page flyer titled "If it feels extraordinary ...it is extraordinary, and a VISA application) arrived in today's (January 4, 2012) mail.

The cover letter is dated December 2011.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:00 pm

Me too! Another Platinum year with Marriott.. good stuff!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Marriott Platinum, *Wood Gold, National Exec.
Looking forward to my first year as a Plat. Here's to hoping there's something to look forward to!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
As noted in the Rollover thread, mine came between 12/25 and 12/31 while I was on an awards stay. It's nice to have it timely this year - it's the only one I've received to date. SPG typically gets around to it in Feb or March.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:39 pm

my gold came today as well with a $100 BB. I am very happy!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
I've been gold/plat for years and have never received any BB's, but only a new card........... is this normal??

Originally Posted by libuser
my gold came today as well with a $100 BB
Old Jan 14, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Marriott has earned my loyalty for another year. Even with 24 roll over nights my total for 2011 was only 65 nights. So I should have been dropped to Gold for 2012. But they thanked my loyalty and renewed me at Platinum.

For the fifth year in a row I will be giving all my nights to Marriott. It pays to be loyal.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Redline325
Looking forward to my first year as a Plat. Here's to hoping there's something to look forward to!
I think you will find you enjoy Plat as long as you understand the benefits associated to it. Most people who complain are those who expect bennies that aren't included...like upgrades to suites. Or taking into consideration the actual program changes over the last few years. (like lounge closures on the weekend)

The best part about attaining Plat? Once you attain it once, you are eligible for that level in lifetime status.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I think you will find you enjoy Plat as long as you understand the benefits associated to it. Most people who complain are those who expect bennies that aren't included...like upgrades to suites. Or taking into consideration the actual program changes over the last few years. (like lounge closures on the weekend)

The best part about attaining Plat? Once you attain it once, you are eligible for that level in lifetime status.

Enjoy!
I would think that if you made it to Plat on actual domestic stays (as opposed to CC & meetings or all Int'l travel) that they would know that the domestic lounges are closed on the weekends
Old Jan 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Happiness isn't about knowledge- it's about attitude, and often, courtesy.

Last edited by sophiegirl; Jan 15, 2012 at 7:16 am
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by sophiegirl:17817173
Happiness isn't about knowledge- it's about attitude, and often, courtesy.
+1
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; AA Plat
I haven't received my package in the mail yet but noticed on the web that I made platinum premier for the first time. Hoping my card comes soon.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
How many nights? Just trying to see what is the minimum nights one had to become PP.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; AA Plat
Originally Posted by iztok
How many nights? Just trying to see what is the minimum nights one had to become PP.
I don't know that there is a minimum threshold. I only had 105 nights stayed this year but many of them were around $250 a night. I have had many more nights than this in previous years and never made PP. I have also been platinum for around 8 or 9 years.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, VIPorter, Aeroplan
I haven't received my package yet. No biggy, the last thing I need is another plastic card in my wallet that I never have to pull out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.