Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:58 pm

Soggy bacon, French-milled soap, and milk chocolate turndown ( don't they know I like dark chocolate
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
I really hate it when I have to stand behind the flight attendants at in
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I responded to one of the surveys about a recent stay at the Austin Marriott North and complained about the fact that they never had any flavor of yogurt in the lounge except strawberry-banana.

I also complained about having to delete the stupid welcome message from the GM on my VM (to get the message light to go away).

The following week when I checked-in, the front desk clerk asked me if I wanted her to clear the VM message for me. I responded with a smile and said I was good since I had the touch sequence memorized. At breakfast the next morning, there were multiple flavors of yogurt, much to my delight.

Nice to know they read those surveys and (sometimes) do something about the comments.

I also agree with post about the tub drains being closed. What's up with that???
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
I also agree with post about the tub drains being closed. What's up with that???
I read they close the drains in sinks and tubs between checkins and checkouts incase the room is unoccupied for an extended period.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by tuono07
Courtyards!! Putting the desk right next too the AC unit so I can freeze my butt off trying to work and still be warm while laying in bed.
Funny story about this.... I stayed at a Courtyard in Florida this summer. The evening air was cool enough (though very muggy) that I opened the window for fresh air. After an hour I closed the window and turned the AC back on. Within another hour the desk, being next to the AC, was covered in a layer of condensation. Move that desk away so it doesn't get wet!

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I read they close the drains in sinks and tubs between checkins and checkouts incase the room is unoccupied for an extended period.
When I tried to think of the least substantive problem I've noticed, this is all I could come up with. There are lots of other minor things I could complain about, but they're not stupid. Actually, this one's not, either, as the sink with the drain closed usually has 1/2" of water in it. Trapping water in there is stupid, complaining about it isn't.

Why do hotels do this, anyway? How's it supposed to help in unoccupied rooms? And why do maids close my drain in the middle of a multi-night stay?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Thanking me for my Platinum Elite status infront of strangers at check-in. It's so unnecessary. Then embarassing me further by offering me, again aloud, a corner suit and free in-room breakfast.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Bill Marriott did not leave the light on for me...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
The desk placement does not allow a view of the TV. I have to pull the desk out into the middle of the room so I can sit at the desk and see the TV.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by tuono07
Courtyards!! Putting the desk right next too the AC unit so I can freeze my butt off trying to work and still be warm while laying in bed.
+1 but I don't think this is trivial at all!!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:51 am

The dumbbell weights at my Courtyard keep disappearing due to apparent theft. I was forced to involuntary increase my exercises by 5 lbs last month, and another 5 lbs this week. As a result, my workout never "plateaued," my arms are now tremendous, and I'm in the best physical shape of my life. This is unacceptable and I will demand compensation.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ScatterX
Not sure about the least substantive, but one thing that absolutely drives me nuts is housekeeping putting that decorative thing back on the foot of my bed every day.

I take it off... it goes back on. I hide it in the closet... it goes back on. I've even hidden them behind furniture or under the bed... and they bring me a new one. You would think they would get the hint.

Same story for the 17 pillows in some places---with the added difficulty of not having enough places to hind 'em all.
This made me chuckle...I hate that stupid thing.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by davidash
I hate it when housekeeping put the shower drain down. AT 5am I HATE stepping into a puddle of water -- leave it up and if I want to take a bath, I'll put it down myself!
This drives me INSANE. i hate the drain down. i like to turn on the water for it to warm up, so i do that to come back and find the tub is now filled. with HOT water. so to undo the drain, i have to burn myself.

Originally Posted by ScatterX
Not sure about the least substantive, but one thing that absolutely drives me nuts is housekeeping putting that decorative thing back on the foot of my bed every day.

I take it off... it goes back on. I hide it in the closet... it goes back on. I've even hidden them behind furniture or under the bed... and they bring me a new one. You would think they would get the hint.

Same story for the 17 pillows in some places---with the added difficulty of not having enough places to hind 'em all.
agree agree. these things are gross. do they even wash them between each customer? i always assume they don't. i think they are disgusting and i don't want them anywhere near my bed.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
They're gradually replacing the towels at the Ren LAX. My room has mis-matched towels.

Also, the new towels have a diagonal pattern in the terry cloth while the old ones had no pattern.

The diagonal pattern does not coordinate with any of the design elements in the room.

Disclaimer - No, I don't really care that my towels are mismatched or that they don't coordinate with the room. It just seemed to fit with this thread (pun intended).
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
They move my toothbrush when they clean the bathroom.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hilton Silver (Yuck)
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
They move my toothbrush when they clean the bathroom.
This one does kind of gross me out. Please clean AROUND anything that is going into my mouth.

I usually put my toothbrush into a cup, so they won't move it, so I HATE it when they don't have heavy glasses - the plastic and/or Styrofoam cups always tip over!!!

Loving this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.